crane hi-6 with msd billet dist install

mikenstang

May 12, 2003
CT
Ok I have the orange and black fron hi-6 going to the coil and the red fron hi-6 to the switched 12v unplugged off the coil.

where should the white wire from the hi-6 go? I know it goes to ign trigger, but on the 94 mustang 5.0 what is the ign trigger wire? I was connecting it to the wire that was going to neg coil but I have no start. If I connect the coil back up it starts fine but it will not start withthe hi-6 installed.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, yes... I have the sm black and orange wires going to the + and – of the coil. (black to neg, orange to pos) The Lg Black to chassis ground. Then the white wire from ignition box is going to the wire that used to go the coil neg side which is tan and lt/grn and the red from HI-6 Is going to switched 12v that used to go to the coil positive side which is red and lt/grn . My car will not start. If I put the 2 original wires back to the coil it runs fine. When I first key on I get a red light on the ignition for a second then off. While cranking I get a flashing red and no start.

I just checked and I have only 5VDC at the orange coming out of the ign box with key on (i.e 5v at the coil +). I think I need 12v there. SOOO.. I guess I have a bad box?? Brand new, and of course I modded it a bit to mount it so I hope Crane will take it back... Any suggestions??