Crashed my car

So i got cut off and had to swerve to avoid hitting the other car. I swerved lost control and the right rear wheel hit the curb and broke off. From what i saw the only damage to the car was the broken axle as the axle snapped and the rear bumper got torn up a little bit. Do you guys think they will total my car? I cant see the repair cost being more then 5,000. let me know what you guys think.

• Sponsors (?)

umm prob not, axle & little rear bumper damage aint much but if its more than that they might. The add-on stuff wont help they just look at the value of your car as if it was stock, but i still dont think they will total it, if all the damage present is what you say it is.

I defintley will. I dont think it is enough for them to toal it. Everyone is telling me they wont total a car with a broken axle and some other stuff. Im just woried that they would try and screw me out of my supercharger and not let me pull it off if anyhting does happen but it shouldnt.

If they total it (its quite possiable) you can buy it back pretty cheap and buy a new axle and bumper and be able to pocket a few grand :nice:

no you can take every thing off the car when i totaled my 2000 gt i let them take the car with no rims a hood pullies were of the intake and the hole exhust and suspension were taking off that was my money that i put into it just tell them your taking it off

If they do total it, then you can take whatever you want off the car, but they usually want something in replacement. So if you take the exhaust off then give them the stock exhaust, doesnt have to be put on though. That should only apply to OEM parts, not the supercharger. Good luck sucks on the crash.

So guys $4,200 dollars of damage and the car is being fixed now finally. They are putting another rear end in the car and going from there. Im pretty sure my rear end is fine just has a broken axle. Im getting all my old parts back and im going to be piecing it out or sell it all out right. anybody let me know if intrested.

Saleengt2001. How much for the axle? The car is not going to have a salvaged title. they are fixing it straight up. I was thinking about taking the check for 4,200 and fixing it myself and then pocketing some money but the insurance guy got kind of iffy when i said that so the shop is just fixing it. They said the car isnt even close to being a total.