Crower 15511 in SD Mustang

Just wanted everyone's opinion on the 15511; I already have this cam but still having to decide between this one and the Comp Cams hr264; I like the specs on both and I'm still indecisive..also I'm running EGR delete with GT40P heads and wanted to make sure it doesn't have any drivability issues. I don't plan on going back in to her after that but I'm thinking of eventually supercharging with a MSPNP. Any comments or criticism will be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Call Comp Cams directly. You will get much better advice from them than you will here. They have more than enough off the shelf grinds to fit your needs. There are lots of members on this website, but the odds of someone being able to give you specific advice on what they consider driveable is pretty slim.

Kurt

Just wanted everyone's opinion on the 15511; I already have this cam but still having to decide between this one and the Comp Cams hr264; I like the specs on both and I'm still indecisive..also I'm running EGR delete with GT40P heads and wanted to make sure it doesn't have any drivability issues. I don't plan on going back in to her after that but I'm thinking of eventually supercharging with a MSPNP. Any comments or criticism will be appreciated.
If the plan is to do a stand-alone such as a mspnp then I wouldn’t worry about the cam being SD safe . I’d just do the cam at the same time you make the ecu change. Any competent tuner will get it to drive really well

Reactions: 1 user
Had the 15511 in my 94GT for 15 years. Split duration, high lobe (115) is a must for 94-95 cars for idle and drivability. I did take advantage of this cam by running 1.7 FRPP rockers to increase the lift.

In N/A stock block, GT40 Aluminum heads, Edelbrock RPM intake, 70MM TB, 80MM MAF, 24 Pound Injectors, 1-5/8" Long Tubes, 2.5 Exhaust system back, etc. The car mad 292 HP at the wheels.

I then slapped a Vortech S-Trim, 42 pound injectors, etc. and it made over 480HP.

The 15511 was a great cam.