35th Anniv Current Mileage January 2007?

• Sponsors (?)

#1813 2003 black coupe

all oringinal except head on drivers side...305k as of today

2011-08-04203008.jpg

Wow, that's awesome. Testament to longevity of these cars and motors!

Latest mileage update.

2/25/15

84500 miles

As of last fall the GT went back into use as my DD. I drive about 30 miles round trip 5 days a week. I must say its been nice, although I now need to replace either the ball joint or tie-rod bushings as they start squeaking on cold days. I have put to rest the idea of keeping this car for much more than 20+ years. I know I'll be driving it for the next few years, so I am doing my best to keep it looking/running great until the time comes to sell it.
Car has been rock solid since day one. I have spent only about $1000 only repairs or replacement items (not tires/oil changes) in the 16 years of ownership. I never modded the car due to lack of extra funds and I honestly never beat on the car.

--Jason

June 2016 update.

Just under 92,000 miles on the GT. Purchased a "new" DD from a friend(her mother passed away). A 1991 Camry 2.0l gets great gas mileage.

As for the GT....No real issues mechanically, but I see some small clear coat bubbles/blisters forming on the rear spoiler. Overall the only paint related issues have been with the plastic hood scoop(slight deterioration/discoloration of paint), side scoops(discoloration/aging) and spoiler(clear coat issues).
Front and rear bumper covers were repainted a few years ago and still look nice. As does most of the rest of the car.
Interior issues are creeping in, door panels need some slight attention and there is a bit of age showing on some surfaces such as steering wheel and drivers seat.

Funny this almost sounds like a "for sale" post, but its not. I have no immediate plans to sell the car. But as with most things the time is coming and crawling out of any car that sits low is a pain. I hear you young guys laughing!

Owning this GT for 17 years has been fun and it has been rock solid mechanically. That is always a bonus.

Last edited:
January 2017 update.

Just under 94,000 miles. Still great car.

Driving the DD Camry mostly and gladly so.

I have begun the process of looking into my next vehicle and to be honest I am ready for something more pedestrian and thriftier. Never thought I'd say that. Still about 2 years away on that purchase.

January 2017 update.

I have begun the process of looking into my next vehicle and to be honest I am ready for something more pedestrian and thriftier. Never thought I'd say that. Still about 2 years away on that purchase.
January 2017 update.

Don't sell it. You have had it for a long time and will miss it.

Lucky! That's my dream car....1966 Fastback. The problem is that they are usually in really bad shape or completely restored and expensive. Finding a solid V8 for a decent price is a challenge. Can you post some pics of the 66 FB? Good luck on restoring it.

December 2017 update.

Driving as a DD. Camry is out of commission for a bit until I get a few things fixed. I had the 35th buffed and detailed. Mileage is just over 94,000. Still rocking along.

Attachments

• 99 GT.jpg
    99 GT.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 425
Reactions: 1 user
April 2019 update. Just turned 95,000.

I’m driving my late wife’s Kia Soul, lost her last June. I’m not driving the GT much these days, but keeping her up for occasional use.
The 1966 Fastback is going into the restoration shop soon.