Cursed Beeping

fiveliterstang

Apr 11, 2005
Ok So I was driving my car the other day, had just pulled out of work, when this beeping noise starts coming from the center of the dash. Five beeps then pause then it does 5 again. It repeats it self a few times. The beeping then goes away. Sometimes for 20 min, sometimes for a hour, sometimes for a day or so. I know that it is the airbag computer that is beeping, question is how do I make it stop?

• Sponsors (?)

That makes sense, someone mentioned earlier that if the bulb goes out, the cpu will beep. This could be a secondary warning measure in case the bulb fails. So I guess you could try replacing the bulb in the gauge cluster and then go from there.

go-stang5.0 said:
That makes sense, someone mentioned earlier that if the bulb goes out, the cpu will beep. This could be a secondary warning measure in case the bulb fails. So I guess you could try replacing the bulb in the gauge cluster and then go from there.

Exactly.... see, when my airbags blew, the light flashed, and that was it. When i got tired of the light flashing, i removed the bulb, then i heard the beeping. There also could be a blown fuse somewhere, so check those too, but the bulb is a good bet, as the computer will sense continutiy on that bulb and if it's not there, it's gonna beep. DON'T EVER disable working airbags, believe me, they'll save your life.

Wayne