Custom Turbo Kit

va01gtstang

Apr 28, 2005
I got my motor built a few months ago with a forged bottom end with p&p heads and Comp Cams. I hate having a built motor that only makes around 295 to 300 rwhp. I want to build my own turbo and I suggestions from anyone who has input on helping me build a turbo kit. I'll probably buy most the items on ebay. I just need help on all the components neccessary for a custom turbo kit. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

turbo headers, all the plumbing, intercooler would be nice, fuel pump, injectors, tubular k member, coilover conversion,oil lines, fittings, etc. blow off valves, prob. some t3/t4 turbos, hose clamps, etc. good luck! you may need it. oh yeh...ps..some serious dyno tuning

Comp says the 270 cams work well with forced induction especially superchargers. They make no remarks about turbos, so I would contact them before you strap a turbo on your stang, but going by the statement THEY MAKE about the cams I would assume they are refering to all forced induction and that would include turbos.

Give us a hollar we can run you through everything. There is a lot that goes into these kits. Weather they are an single or an twin. First thing you need to decide is if you want to go with twin's or an single. You also need to figure out how much power you want to make. That way we can match up the system to the specs that you want and need. You need to also figure out which type of piping you want to run......stainless steel or some 304 stainless steel...I recomend but it is a little bit more expencive. I would recomend trying to find an turbo from: Garret, Turbonetics (We use them here on our kits.),or Persision. On the Waste gates I like Tial and HKS. You need to get some T-bolt Clamps, V Band Clamps and Flanges, Intercooler (needs to be able to flow enough cfm for the power you want). You also need an boost controler (Manual or Electronic. We use Greedy Electronic Profec B-spec 2), Blow Off Valve(s), Oil Feed and Drain Line with fittings. When setting the Turbo(s) up you need to make sure that they are set up high enough so you wont have any drain back issue's. That is just some of the stuff that are in the kit. Feel free to Pm or call me anytime and I will be more than glad to help you through it. We can hook you up on a couple of stuff too; like the intercooler etc...heh....But serisouly feel free to call or pm me anytime. Good luck on the project.