• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech

D-1SC with a stock block?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cLeAnRaCiNgLdR
  • Start date Start date Jan 23, 2008

cLeAnRaCiNgLdR

New Member
Dec 6, 2004
98
0
0
Jan 23, 2008
#1
  • Jan 23, 2008
  • #1
Has anybody done this or know someone that has?

I've heard one person say that 8-10psi on a D-1 will give you about the same rwhp that the P-1SC will. I want to do this because I plan to build the motor next year but have the Money for the blower now and the D-1 will bring me greater numbers later on. The car is my daily driver, I do anywhere from 12-15k miles a year, and it runs the quarter mile maybe twice a month. I plan on upgrading the fuel rails, pumps, injectors, plugs, and clutch along with the blower. I will also have it Dyno tuned at a local shop who has built some nasty procharged s197's. Before I asked the people at the shop I wanted to get some more opinions.

So do you think I will be safe? Any Suggestions or Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
222
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
686
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
5
Hello fellow Mustang fanatics.
  • 580HP*428Cj
  • Apr 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
303
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
josep4
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
247
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Saturday at 5:19 PM
manicmechanic007
Progress Thread Progress Thread- From6to8's 95 GT/Saleen Supercharged 331 install
  • from6to8
  • Mar 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Monday at 5:48 PM
from6to8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?