Damn COP issue

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38176

I know that this is a rather frequent issue with the 99-04 GT's but I still dont know how to fix the damn thing.....

At lower RPM's, the engine sometimes feels like its missing badly. Now after reading some of the posts/threads here, I found out that it was a COP issue and that it wasn't rare for the new edge GT's.

My GT was out-of-commission for 2.5 months due to an accident and I just got it back. Im noticing the COP issue very frequently now and I've had enough.

HOW THE HELL DO I FIX THIS?

Thanks in advance :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

FWIIW; What sometimes happen is the boot will be damaged by moisture in the spark plug well. Once damaged, the boot insulation will not hold the spark inside and a misfire is the result (even after the moisture is cleaned).

I have read that it is possible to just purchase the boots. This saves the $$ instead of buying the entire COP.

It is difficult for the home mechanic to correctly test a COP. Often good old visual and trail and error are the order of the day.

you can buy just the boots for the 2v and 4v motors, a lot of times at my dealer the techs will replace the boots when they do plugs. if they are doing a coil on one cylinder the others will get boots as preventative. btw under warranty Ford will only pay for 1 plug and 1 coil if there is a misfire.

Buy a new coil, replace one of them see if it runs better, if it doesn't put the old one back in and go to the next coil and do it again. Eventually you will replace the bad one by process of elimination.