Damn does it feel good to be back!!!!

So after leaving the 5.0 scene it was time to make a comeback and continue doing what I like best!!! 5 years ago I sold my Fox after restoring it to my liking in order to purchase my 2001 GT which don't get me wrong I freaken LOVE! Anyways to make a long story short in opportunity came up that was just to good to pass up and I want to say it was a great decision.. The first pic is my fox that I sold, then my 01 which looks totally different now, and the new fox to join the family. Let me know what you all think :nice:

PaintedPony2.jpg

BackSide2.jpg

Fox2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

So after leaving the 5.0 scene it was time to make a comeback and continue doing what I like best!!! 5 years ago I sold my Fox after restoring it to my liking in order to purchase my 2001 GT which don't get me wrong I freaken LOVE! Anyways to make a long story short in opportunity came up that was just to good to pass up and I want to say it was a great decision.. The first pic is my fox that I sold, then my 01 which looks totally different now, and the new fox to join the family. Let me know what you all think :nice:

PaintedPony2.jpg

BackSide2.jpg

Fox2.jpg

new car looks awesome. congrats.

Posted via Mobile Device

new car looks awesome. congrats.

Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you at first I was a little iffy about the car just because of the look but after serious talks with the owner and an up close look it changed my mind. Previous owner invested money on a new aluminum radiator, bbk headers, flowmaster cat back, new clutch and flywheel, steeda clutch cable, quad adjuster, new cables, and steel brake lines. paint was really dull as you can see in the picture but after some buffing work I turned things around asap!

FoxBefore.jpg

Foxafter.jpg

Very comfy bro!!!! When I go back and forth I just cant believe the difference but these foxes are something else

I have a 96' GT BUT it is 100% more comfy than the Fox, but at least with both cars I can have the best of both worlds. You did a great job of bringing the paint out from the pics. What did you use? When I got my 86' GT I color sanded and buffed it but I'm not certain if Ford used a BC/CC system back then on the Foxes, I never got a chance to clean or buff my Foxes paint because I just went straight for paint instead.

I gave it a nice wash and used this 3M polish I picked up at the body shop a few years back after I got my previous fox painted. That thing makes miracles I tell you.....Paid a pretty penny for it but worth every cent. Anyways applied the polish and just buffed the **** out of it :)

Great job resuscitating the paint. The previous owner would be shocked. lol

BTW, the first time I road in my buddies 04GT I was VERY impressed by how nice it drove. Even when he got on it the car felt very smooth. Great exhaust note for a stocker too.

Welcome back. :nice:

Is it a 5-speed? I think start with the suspension and chassis (shocks/struts, subframes, shifter, gear,tires). A tight chassis alone can make it more enjoyable overall because you have a solid foundation. The power will come but it's a matter of being able to put it to the ground. Obviously these cars aren't top end monsters but I think they still have good power for the street.

I can't comment on which springs. I'm running cut stockers on my '90 (something I DO NOT recommend), and I have a set of Steeda Sports yet to be installed on my '92.

I see your location is Pasadena, CA. You weren't in L.A. today were you? I saw an LX exactly like yours today.