damned...mass air mistake

just got a mass air computer and meter with housing off ebay for 160 but studying on here i have the wrong computer. got an a9l. i have an automatic transmission. finally won one and possibly wont work. what are you guys opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

Plug it in, you'll be fine....

Not sure why everyone says the A9L won't work with an auto....
The ecu doesn't control our transmissions.....

The programming is nearly identical.

jason

I haven't looked at the programming, but I did swap a T-5 in place of my AOD without swapping computers and I don't think I've had any issues stemming from the 'automatic' computer.

What exactly would be different in the programming?

The most notable differences in the "programming" between the two computers is in the timing curves. The automatic computers advance the timing a bit further in the lower rpms and loads. My guess is just to get the car moving a little bit easier....but i dont know for sure.

The may be other differences in idle speeds in gear and in Park or Neutral. Either way you look at it...there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to use the A9P computer...at least till you can find a suitable A9L replacement. good luck man.

The most notable differences in the "programming" between the two computers is in the timing curves. The automatic computers advance the timing a bit further in the lower rpms and loads. My guess is just to get the car moving a little bit easier....but i dont know for sure.

The may be other differences in idle speeds in gear and in Park or Neutral. Either way you look at it...there is no reason why you shouldnt be able to use the A9P computer...at least till you can find a suitable A9L replacement. good luck man.

i need an a9p. i have an a9l.