Dash Cluster Signal Light .. Headscratcher!

jaketuff

Apr 29, 2003
Westchester, NY
Aright.

Replaced the cluster bulbs with LEDs.

All worked well until the cluster left turn signal LED flashed awkwardly and then stopped working.

I replaced the LED and the thing started working again, only to stop after a few moments of being installed. Also replaced with a standard bulb... nuthin.

Replaced the left flasher under the steering column. Replaced the right as well.

STILL NO LEFT SIGNAL INDICATOR ON DASH.... ALL EXTERIOR LIGHTS WORK PROPERLY.

Ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

There is a bug here somewhere. I have a similar problem with my 91 GT. I replaced my instrument cluster with one from a 90 LX. My LEFT flasher indicator works intermitently. Meaning, sometimes when I engage the LEFT turn signal the dash light will work properly and others, it will not work at all. However, the exterior lights are functioning properly. I obviously do not have the answer as to why right now so I will be watching your thread. I have a feeling it is in the instrument cluster as I did not have the problem prior, but admitedly I had not logged a lot of driving time on the car prior to the swap either. I do not know if it matters, but I have an airbag car. I do know the instrument clusters are different based on wether or not the car is equiped with an airbag.