Dash Lights Not Working.....wtf?

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
15 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
as title says, my dash lights aren't coming on whenever i turn my headlights/parking lights on. fuse is good, outside lights work, dome light works. thought it might be the dimmer switch going out and put a new one in, zilch. i have three autometer gauges in a pod below my radio tied into the radio illumination wire, so those lights are on with the key in run or accessory, but as soon as i turn on the headlight switch, they turn off (usually they used to just go a bit dimmer and fade with the dimmer switch). the bulb on one of the autometers burned out, but even with a new one in that spot it acts the same (that part makes sense since they're in parrallel).

at a loss to explain this as it was working perfectly until friday night when it did this, is there something else in series that with the dash lights to make them die like this? could i have a bad ground somewhere, the only ground i've messed with lately was the one under the dash around the radio, but it looks ok right now and is where the autometers are also grounded, so......?

• Sponsors (?)