Dash swap questions...

• Sponsors (?)

Not really. I put a black 1990 dash into my '88. Wasn't a big deal. I had the whole thing done in 4 hours.

Basically leave the dash frame in place. You will put the new dash on top of it. On the driver's side you will not that some of the new dash mount holes do not have anything to screw into. You just need to drill a hole into the metal frame and screw into this new hole. You will see what I mean when you mount it.

Behind the gauge cluster, a small tab will need to be cut off. Then you can mount your original cluster, gauge pod and steering column trim. It will look pretty OEM.

You need the 1990+ HVAC controls and the center console as well. If you have the remote fuel door popper, you will need to cut that into the dash as it was removed in 1990.

Other than that..pretty easy swap.

Here's mine

Interior2.jpg

87- mid 90 have the fuse panel in the dash and mid 90-93's have them under the dash. i had a dash out of a 1988 with the fuse panel cover on it but my car is a 90 so it is empty and my fuse panel is in the same place.
sorry if this sounded confusing.

I'll have some new ones in a bit. I pulled my dash and AC out to replace the evap and heater core, so I'm installing my new dash. I cut the fuse box opening a bit closer, so it will fit quite a bit nicer. Hope to have the dash reinstalled in the next couple of days, and I'll have smaller pics! :D

Mustang5l5

Well first let me thank everyone for this post....it helped me tremendously complete my swap. Especially the bit on the HVAC controls....

But what I wanted to ask was:

I got a HVAC control panel from a 93 to complete the swap. But the temperature dial setup is a bit different than that of the 88. Mustang5L5 how did you get around this?

Its set up different, but the plugs and vacuum connectors are the same on the backside. Just hook it up and bolt it in and you are all set. YOu'll need the '93's center console obviously