Dash Swap

bgiles

Sep 4, 2006
I have a black dash i want to put in my 91 to replace the gray one... is this something i could do easily myself? :shrug: dont really want to pay somebody 4-6 hours labor.. any advice would be great

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid: Take your time its not that hard just think if you had a cage to go around..:nice:

later
projectkatrina007.jpg

projectkatrina003.jpg

projectkatrina005.jpg

so im in the middle of this now and everything is going great until i tried to remove the cluster with the hot/cold vent/air fan high/low...i took the 4 screws out but can seem to get the cables off any ideas?

ok i figured that out now the dash is already to come out except the vents how do i disconnect this.. when i pull the dash the whole ventilation is coming with it

it's been a year since i've taken a sah out, but I think you have to unhook it from the heater box & the one beside it...

I just took all that out at the same time, but i'm sure its just a screw and a clip from coming off it.

It should just wiggle out, no need to unhook anything. The center "box" for the HVAC will come with the dash, but not the rest of the HVAC behind where the glovebox is.

As far as i remember, just make sure you take all the screws out and it should wiggle out with some effort.

Don't remove the dash frame though, just swap the plastics

so i have wiggled it and i think it will come out but i was trying to do this without lowering the steering column but this is not possible is it? if not is there much to lowering it? i have and air bag does that make a difference?

well i got it out without lowering the column i hope i can get the new one in without lowering it... i cant remember the last time i used the vents is there really any point in putting the HVAC stuff back in?