Deal is done...going to pick my GT up in 2 weeks...heres a pic and a couple of mods

• Sponsors (?)

I never saw your vette but that looks like a sweet ride. I want to get a 94-2004 (whatever the last year before the new ones) sooner or later. Preferably a 2002+. Maybe after I settle down with the new house for a bit.

bubba...whats wrong with the chip...is it something thats going to gimme prollems man ?

and heres the vette for those that hasnt seen her....shes a beaut :)...the pics give it a purple-ish tint to it for some reason....deep burgandy is what it is :)

View attachment 427114

lol...thanks old blue...yeah she aint that bad....but cost of upkeep is really unbelieveable...you wouldnt think stuff for it cost as much as it does...it has ferrari prices and...to be honest...i dont have that kinda income :(

Jamie

JH23 said:
bubba...whats wrong with the chip...is it something thats going to gimme prollems man ?
Its a coin toss on that one. A couple of times (locally) I've seen those things give problems. The chip basically does things that you can do yourself. I would ditch it just to eliminate a possible problem. And just adjust my own timing and fuel.

Nitrous has become much safer in recent years. The safest route to run (generally) is a wet shot, which is more expensive, but most people say there is less likely of a chance for your car to lean out. A wet kit injects gasoline and nitrous into the intake together, whereas a dry kit injects just nitrous, and the computer is boosted to produce more fuel through the injectors.

I'm seriously considering nitrous for my car. A wet kit, with all the goodies, no installationg and tuning, runs 1k or so. Would I rather have a blower? Hell yes. But nitrous is a pretty damn good substitute.