Dealership Problems...

CaptnBwilson

Feb 18, 2014
Michigan
I am currently in a long struggle with a local dealership. Just wanted your input on what i should do and if i am just over reacting to this all.
Here is my imgur gallery of all the pictures i took.

It started back in October 2013.

Oct 2nd

Purchased a all black S197 Mustang with red leather interior.
Added red racing stripes to the purchase order through the dealership.
vXAdHism.jpg

Oct 5th
Dropped Mustang off at dealership for stripes to be put on.
Left for vacation in Georgia for a week.

Oct 12th

Returned from vacation and picked up car from dealership with stripes on.
08D3BqRm.jpg
Noticed stripes were not straight and informed the dealership.
Dealer said they would pay for new stripes to be put on.
oaRNnvvm.jpg
22b5hO3m.jpg
rgimlsym.jpg
We took pictures and you can see from my imgur gallery the entire car was not straight.
http://imgur.com/a/ehciN
http://imgur.com/a/ehciN
Nov 19th

Dealer says new stripes are in stock and to drop it off.
Dropped off car that day.

Nov 20th

Dealer calls to let me know the car is ready to be picked up.
Noticed stripes were not removed and were cut while on the car so the center gap was even.
Currently a razor knife scratch down center of hood.
CX1EpYtm.jpg
Ob4kfmwm.jpg

Noticed that they even forgot to fix the bottom of front bumper also.
4ag9Asmm.jpg

Constant calls and stops to the dealership asking when new stripes would be in stock
Kept receiving "They are on order."

Dec 30th

Dealer called and said the new stripes were in stock.

Jan 18th

Dropped car off for stripes and scratch to be corrected.

Jan 20th

Called dealer for status on car.
Was told the stripes were not in stock and had a different order of decals in stock for a different car.

So i picked up the car that day and here i am. Still fighting with the dealership.
We paid about $675 for the stripes to be put on.
Just let me know what i should do now, am i overreacting, should i contact Ford about this?
Thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Let's see of @FordCustSrvc can lend you any assistance.

Consider Ford contacted. They should be along when they see the alert above.

They'll probably ask you to PM them some information. Ensure that you're familiar with the Private Messaging system for when they respond.

Noobz

I would ask for my car to be painted where the damage was done plus removal of all stripes plus refund of money paid for stripes. Then find a different dealer/shop to have the stripes applied or painted on.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently in a long struggle with a local dealership. Just wanted your input on what i should do and if i am just over reacting to this all.
Here is my imgur gallery of all the pictures i took. ...

Just let me know what i should do now, am i overreacting, should i contact Ford about this?
Thanks for the help.
Hi CaptnBwilson,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and I’d like to get this experience documented or you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, address, and best daytime number so I can help.

Let's see of @FordCustSrvc can lend you any assistance.
Consider Ford contacted. They should be along when they see the alert above.
They'll probably ask you to PM them some information. Ensure that you're familiar with the Private Messaging system for when they respond.
Noobz
Thanks for the mention, Noobz!

Deysha

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the help.

When I get home, I'll PM my information to @FordCustSrvc

I stopped in at the dealership yesterday to talk to the manager again. I was told the stripes were in stock. I asked why they didn't call me to let me know. I got the response "We didn't know if you wanted to be out driving on the ice." I live in Michigan so snow and ice driving is normal for everyone here.
We have been driving it all winter, the last time we dropped it off In January, there was snow on the ground and ice on the car.

I'm assuming it was just another run around for them but he called his installer to set up a time. They told me to drop off the car this Sunday night so he can work on it Monday morning (Feb 24th)
Hopefully I can call them today to get a printed invoice of what will be done Monday. I keep pushing that they fix the scratches. I can only imagine that this guy will remove the stripes, not fix the scratches and put the new stripes over the damage.

I would call them and tell them of that concern in same terms you used to post it here.

It's true that they could take that for a dick move, but that's where YOUR sales talents come in. Tell them that you're concerned about the issue escalating over what it already has.

as for the front bumper, and how the stripe goes inward. I did a stripe on my previous mustang and that's how it molded with the body. as for the other pictures. That's messed up. I used to work for a dealership, and lets say it was a conflict of interest.