Debadging your Mustang just got tricky

Sam3G

Mar 25, 2009
MN
I'll put this right out there: I'm a fan of clean looking cars.

When I recently purchased my '01 Cobra with 16k miles on it, there was no mistaking that it's a FORD mustang - even my grandma would be able to pick it out.

Now why oh why would Ford torment me by drilling holes behind it's emblem? They could give me that bull***** about lining it up and stuff but when it comes down to it, it's the only obnoxious piece of blue plastic on my car and any self-respecting car company would should not go out of their way to drill holes for a piece of plastic on a car that they know people are going to want to modify!:notnice:

Even HYUNDAI has figured this out. :nonono:

My SVT badge of course probably doesn't have holes behind it - bastards.

I understand that many people like the way the badge looks, and that's okay. It's just totally unnecessary to have holes drilled behind it - you don't see a big problem with other cars where the badges just fall off!

HOW TO REMOVE YOUR BADGES:

Using a heat gun (or blow-dryer) carefully heat the badge up to a temperature where you can wiggle a plastic stucco spatula or piece of dental floss behind it. Carefully work the badge away from the car and use a bit of Goo-Gone or just rub away until the excess comes off. Beware of chemicals like acetone that will take off your paint!

• Sponsors (?)

On the other hand, I'm not to happy that the 'LX' badge on my 88 fell off recently. If only Ford could have permanetly fixed it using 2 screw holes. :mad:

Bottom line, Ford makes cars for everyone and doesn't want them falling apart... not for those few people who might want to shave the emblems off.

Its to align up the emblems "PERFECTLY". GM and Ford have drilled holes for years. Old cars had cast metal emblems that required you to remove the fender and unscrew them from the other side.....COULD BE WORSE

I have seen some really crooked factory emblems on cars and emblems that fall off.

You would be suprised what a little money and a good body shop can do....haha j/k bro...but I like the clean look also...but I am a little biased :D

View attachment 263084

:nice:

Sep20002sm.jpg

Got the fenders too:
2007nopinationals035.jpg