Interior and Upholstery Deleting Dashboard

I have a 1984 Foxbody gt350 and am looking to kind of go-kart the thing. I want to delete pretty much the whole interior and was wondering if anyone here has heard of brackets and/or some prefabbed frames to put the gauge clusters and other necessities back in whilst maintaining pretty much no dashboard. My interior is pretty shot up and just decided to oust the non-essentials, "weight reduction", am I right? Any and all replies would be amazing, thanks a bunch!

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 1984 Foxbody gt350 and am looking to kind of go-kart the thing. I want to delete pretty much the whole interior and was wondering if anyone here has heard of brackets and/or some prefabbed frames to put the gauge clusters and other necessities back in whilst maintaining pretty much no dashboard. My interior is pretty shot up and just decided to oust the non-essentials, "weight reduction", am I right? Any and all replies would be amazing, thanks a bunch!
There are manufacturers out there making universal aluminum universal dash panels that can be trimmed to fit that are cheaper, but you’ll have to make your own mount tabs to mount it. Then there is Scott Rod panels. He makes a complete aluminum replacement dash that will bolt up to the factory mount points, but is about twice as expensive. ( like 190). There is also probably somebody making a composite ( plastic) dash that’ll be even lighter..

All that said,..my question is Why? What exactly is “ Go Kart racing” when referring to a full size car? Seems to me, if you want to go Go kart racing, you should buy a go kart, and fix your car.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
With only 5200 and some 84 gt350's produced that's what I'd do, cut it up for 'go kart racing' .
But it is your car so :shrug:
:scratch:

Go home @Private Carjacker , you're drunk.

Now, if I'm understanding my colleague's intent, what he's saying is, he'd find a less-rare car than the one-year-only 1984 GT350 to cut up to make a "go kart" thing out of. I'd concur, sell that to someone who will value it for the rare machine it is, and find an aero-nosed fox or some other dime-a-dozen car to do that to.

:scratch:

Go home @Private Carjacker , you're drunk.

Now, if I'm understanding my colleague's intent, what he's saying is, he'd find a less-rare car than the one-year-only 1984 GT350 to cut up to make a "go kart" thing out of. I'd concur, sell that to someone who will value it for the rare machine it is, and find an aero-nosed fox or some other dime-a-dozen car to do that to.
Well said.
'cept the 'you're drunk' thing.
Unless I'm drinking, then you'd be right.

Oh, and I am home.
I think, let me look ------ yup, home I is -- am? -- are?