demoralized

Do any of you guys ever give your mustang the boot :nonono:
Im having these idling issues and cannot pin point it, no check engine, and not other signs of wtf is happening. Ive checked the MAF (good) , ive check the IAC (good), ive checked for vacuum leaks (nearly replaced all the hoses) and the car still stalls. Tomorrow im going to try n data log it if she stays on, but like i said, just one of those days i really hate my car.

• Sponsors (?)

the O3. The car keeps stalling out. and NO ****ING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT!!!. I mean , u have no idea how bad this annoys me. its been two days ive been messing with all the intake stuff. Im coming up with nada. Its sooo annoying mark, I have absolutely no motivation at all anymore to figure this out. I have a thread in Tech, someone posted something to go by. I did everything, and nothing.

Just out of curiousity, when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter?

My previous car had pretty much identical symptoms with the idle and stalling. It turned out to be a clogged fuel filter :shrug:

Just out of curiousity, when was the last time you replaced your fuel filter?

My previous car had pretty much identical symptoms with the idle and stalling. It turned out to be a clogged fuel filter :shrug:

+1 to look in to.

This was the problem on my work van. It's a 2000 Ford Ecoline.

I had it changed less than 10k miles ago. Always use quality fuel stations to fuel up as well such as Chevron/Shell/ 76/mobil.

one other symtom it has, if i come down on the gear, sometimes it will come down slowly, other times it will just bog down till it dies. I really dunno anymore.

I had it changed less than 10k miles ago. Always use quality fuel stations to fuel up as well such as Chevron/Shell/ 76/mobil.

one other symtom it has, if i come down on the gear, sometimes it will come down slowly, other times it will just bog down till it dies. I really dunno anymore.

Damn thats a tough one to figure out......

Do any of you guys ever give your mustang the boot :nonono:
Im having these idling issues and cannot pin point it, no check engine, and not other signs of wtf is happening. Ive checked the MAF (good) , ive check the IAC (good), ive checked for vacuum leaks (nearly replaced all the hoses) and the car still stalls. Tomorrow im going to try n data log it if she stays on, but like i said, just one of those days i really hate my car.

Well if it makes you feel better. I'm having the exact same issues. Changed my IAC. NO vac leak. Nothing. Gotta dig into it more this weekend...

Hadnt thought of fuel filter yet.

Yea, if its not all the others then it must be fuel, check your fuel pressure. The symptoms you stated sounds like my car when I disconnect the fuel intertia switch. Don't feel demoralized cause once you figure this one out you will be on cloud nine w/a euphoric high. I LOVE CARS.:flag:

All you need is have a micro piece of debri or rust get caught in your fuel line or in the filter and it will act like that. Even the best gas stations will have debri in their tanks/fuel once in a while.
We had a 2002 Ford Focus with only 40k miles that did those same symptoms and we did the same things you did and finally took it to a mechanic who replaced the fuel filter and cleaned out the fuel line and whalaa..it ran perfect again.

Im going to change out the fuel filter because its recommended when youre going to install a zex kit. I'm going to check again and again to see. If its not fixed by tonight I'm just going to take it to the mechanic this coming thursday because he has to weld something on my car, so, mines well have them find it and fix it.

but, what i dont want, is to spend money on little things from here and there, and find out thats not it. This is what kills me.

man i feel youre pain....ive been on a back and forth trip with my mind this past month on kicking the car to the curb or droppin more money into it... sucks to hear about your problem man..hope you get it worked out

Yea i know how you feel....man that sure sounds like a vacuum leak to me...

dude, i know right!!!!????!!!

today, i took apart everything down to the manifold, torqued the manifold down, torqued the plenum down, replaced the hoses. DOUBLE CHECKED EVERYTHING TOO.

I start it.....warms up a bit.....stalls.

Other thing im suspecting, is a bad throttle body. This happened to my old old maxima before. do u guys think that?

Mazen,

I wouldn't think that would be the issue. If the cars cranks and idles fine, then dies once warmed, it doesn't sound like a TB issue. I could be dead wrong though.

I had the exact same idling problem, it was the IAC. I unbolted it, sprayed some throttle body cleaner in it (liberally!) let it dry, bolted it back on and bam! Idled like a charm. I've had to do that twice on my 2000 GT Vert over the past 2 years, but its worked both times.:nice:

When was the last time you changed out your spark plugs? Could there be water down in the spark plug holes? Any COPs loose? When was the last time you cleaned your injectors?