Desecration - More Than a Flag

• Sponsors (?)

Sure, let me have all the benefits of living in the United States but I want to burn the flag because this country stinks! Sometimes I wish it was legal to shoot people, many don't realize how good we have it here compared to elsewhere in the world.

People are selfish and greedy. Give me all the rights and privelages and freedoms and everything the flag and the people who fought for those rights and privelages stand for, but lets burn the flag because we have it sooo bad. People need to stop crying when things don't go there way.:nonono:

This issue comes up every two years around election time... and it will continue to do so as parties try to rally votes in the name of patriotism.

Yes, I hate when people burn the flag. But I would rather hate a bunch of losers and be able to do what I want then have even MORE laws be enacted telling me what to do. We have enough laws that aren't even enforced properly. We don't need any more.

Adam

No, I don't like it when the flag gets desecrated. The beauty of the American flag is that no matter what someone does to it, the ideals that it represents (even and especially political free speech) continue on unimpaired. To pass a law restricting free speech would tarnish those ideals. And like Adam says, we have enough laws already.

This issue comes up every two years around election time... and it will continue to do so as parties try to rally votes in the name of patriotism.

Yes, I hate when people burn the flag. But I would rather hate a bunch of losers and be able to do what I want then have even MORE laws be enacted telling me what to do. We have enough laws that aren't even enforced properly. We don't need any more.

EXACTLY! Great post.

Justin...did you notice the coward's face......"covered"........
One simple thought comes to my mind.......and all of you know I am an easy going guy......but.......If they think it is so bad here.........and they don't like it......then by GOD leave......no one is "making" you stay.........some idiots looking for their fifteen minutes of fame.......retards....
OK that's the only time you'll see me flame..............................hopefully
Will

gustang818 said:
No, I don't like it when the flag gets desecrated. The beauty of the American flag is that no matter what someone does to it, the ideals that it represents (even and especially political free speech) continue on unimpaired. To pass a law restricting free speech would tarnish those ideals. And like Adam says, we have enough laws already.
Yeah thats what im thinking everytime they burn a flag that are showing why our country is great. :flag: