Foxbody Nuts/bolts/screw List - Temp Sticky

What size are the bolts to mount my steering column? I bought my current 1985 GT project and the top 2 and bottom 2 are missing. Please help!
steering wheel bolts.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

#8 oval head screws. Forget the lenght, so just get shortest possible that will fit.

This was my order from mcmaster-carr that takes care of about 95% of all interior screws. I think there is a pair of 2.5” or 3” screws for the hatch rear interior panels.

IMG_7697.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 users
#8 oval head screws. Forget the lenght, so just get shortest possible that will fit.

This was my order from mcmaster-carr that takes care of about 95% of all interior screws. I think there is a pair of 2.5” or 3” screws for the hatch rear interior panels.

IMG_7697.jpeg
Sorry if I misquoted which screw. It’s the screw that holds this on. Mine driver side one is a torx head, passenger is missing.

Attachments

• IMG_5224.png
    IMG_5224.png
    636.1 KB · Views: 17
Sorry if I misquoted which screw. It’s the screw that holds this on. Mine driver side one is a torx head, passenger is missing.
Please refer to the answer you were provided for replacements. Every screw needed for the cockpit or hatch is on that list with exception of the ones 5L5 noted.

The fact that a "torx" head screw exists in the hole you're looking at is meaningless. Remove it, measure the length, and match it against the list above if it currently fits well. If not, choose a longer/shorter screw based on your observation of the one you removed.

Reactions: 1 user
The bottom screws on my list will work. If you want the torx or nut style head, mcmaster has several different options. But the size and length is correct.

Reactions: 1 user