• Sponsors (?)

IMG_20220917_104316022.jpg
IMG_20220917_104337996.jpg
IMG_20220917_104609420.jpg
IMG_20220917_104625452.jpg
IMG_20220917_104732134_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220917_104708634.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Were HP numbers given for the EcoBoost? Just curious, though not sure why...not like I'll be getting an S650 and if I could, it'd be at least the GT.
They only had the cars up on roped off pedestals. The main focus was on the Lightning and the e-mustang. Ford is building a massive new plant in Dearborn for the electric vehicles. I can see they are shifting focus to electric. The Lightning was impressive off the line on the short track they set up. No clock, but 0-30 looked under 1 second. The 2030 Mustang GT electric will probably smash all records set by gas cars if the Lightning is a sign of what's to come. They will need to put an artificial combustion engine sound through the speakers, silence is not what the mustang is known for, don't want that Jetsons car sound like Toyota.

Werd. GT with a V8 is the minimum trim level.
Definitely.

I know the modern EcoBoost could dust my 19-year-old V8, but yes, the V8 is the way to go. I would probably even at least spring for the Dark Horse or hold off until the Shelby/Cobra/whatever offering is available.

It's just the natural progression. I've had the base model, then I moved up to a GT...next step is the high-performance option. :):D

Definitely.

I know the modern EcoBoost could dust my 19-year-old V8, but yes, the V8 is the way to go. I would probably even at least spring for the Dark Horse or hold off until the Shelby/Cobra/whatever offering is available.

It's just the natural progression. I've had the base model, then I moved up to a GT...next step is the high-performance option. :):D
That is true but I also look at it like this: If I take that EcoBoost power adder (or equivalent) and put it on your 18 y/o 302 with no other mods than fuel support well... Buhbai echo buddy :owned:

It's still cheaper to make power with the V8.

...and then there's the boosted Coyote :O_o:

The only V6 in an American car that I thought was baller came in the Grand National. :D (doesn't mean there weren't others but the ones that come to mind were pretty exotic IMO)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
That is true but I also look at it like this: If I take that EcoBoost power adder (or equivalent) and put it on your 18 y/o 302 with no other mods than fuel support well... Buhbai echo buddy :owned:

It's still cheaper to make power with the V8.

...and then there's the boosted Coyote :O_o:

The only V6 in an American car that I thought was baller came in the Grand National. :D (doesn't mean there weren't others but the ones that come to mind were pretty exotic IMO)
I wanted to put a turbo on my SHO. If it was not exotic, it was quite complicated. And it ran like a V-6 ninja bike, not a muscle car.

I wanted to put a turbo on my SHO. If it was not exotic, it was quite complicated. And it ran like a V-6 ninja bike, not a muscle car.
The one I had that tried to kill me and @LaserSVT was pretty snappy but was no CTS-V. :O_o:

It was in maybe Pontiac G6 category with the G6 having slightly longer legs.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The one I had that tried to kill me and @LaserSVT was pretty snappy but was no CTS-V. :O_o:

It was in maybe Pontiac G6 category with the G6 having slightly longer legs.
I needed a truck for remodeling , (and most of my money or remodeling), and had only one garage slot, so installing a turbo and doing the 120k mile tune up on my own was out. I should not have sold it as the next owner had it out in softball hail and killed it.
But it would fly all day at above arrest me speed, with the AC on in comfort.
In 91, the stock SHO would outrun a Stock GT from 60-140.

The CTS-V was about a decade newer with a supercharged V-8. So that makes your point about choosing a V-8.

Ford used a lot of the early SHO tech in their Cobra 4.6 and new 5.0 engines. So, it’s still a cool V-6.

Last edited:
The CTS-V was about a decade newer with a supercharged V-8. So that makes your point about choosing a V-8.
Not at all and it wasn't meant to be a comparison. If I hadn't owned that SHO, I would never have looked for a [better] sports sedan. For me, it was the SHO that sealed that fate. I really liked the car. I sold it because I was moving and already had a truck, two mustangs, and a camper to move with me. :oops:

Even your screwed-up priorities can see that piece of it. :jester:

Put another way: What would your choice have been? :p
Choice for what? In a new S650, a V-8 GT for a balance of price, performance and insurance cost. If cost was not an issue, then the top model that can do track and street duty. And to get one before they only sell battery powered vehicles.

How the heck is that screwed up priorities?