Diablo Or Superchips For 1996-1998 GT (Specifically)!

98GTBlkConv

May 26, 2004
Hey guys! I am not looking to debate which tuner is "better" on paper. I am looking for input from members that have or have used either of these programmers and have any feedback (positive or negative) about them. I have a few mods, and will probably be doing the Accufab and throttle body mod in the near future. Please let me know if you like either of the above programmers and whether or not you would recommend purchasing one based on personal use or knowledge. By the way, the car is a 5-speed and I have already done the gears! Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I am using a superchips right now that I took off my dad's 03gt when he sold it.I really cannot tell a difference in performance between the two, but I do like the dtc reader on the superchips.I do know that the superchips can be used on a wider variety of vehicles than the hypertech.I'll probably end up selling one or the other.Sorry, but I don't have any experience with the predator.

98GTBlkConv said:
Umm..Ok, so I am an idiot! I assumed they must make one since this is all you read about on the boards. It looks like the Predator is for 99+ Mustangs. Thanks for pointing this out to me! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
damn! we got ****ing skrewed with our mustangs! Their slower than any other mustang, They dont make **** for them, the parts they make dont gain as much hp as on other mustangs, our valvetrain is crap. the only thing we got going for us is good looks.lol

340.29m/s said:
And I think most would say that is a matter of opinion, I'm not a fan of the 96-98 body style.

Very interesting! The very reason I have a 1998 is because I like the body style much more than the 99+ style. I searched high and low to find the one I finally purchased, and drove through two states to get it! I guess that's what makes America such a great place! Everyone's taste is different! :spot:

maybe ur not a fan of the 94-8 body style but not everybody can afford a mach 1..and i dunnow what all the complaining is about the heads..swap them out..im getting p&p'd heads, and intake off an 04 gt, and comps..ill be faster than a stock 04..stop crying and pull out your wallet.