Diablo & SCT Tuner ECU Questions 2002 GT

Latvik

Mar 16, 2007
This is a good one, friend had an SCT tuner for his 96 cobra. I hated having traction control on and figured i'd see what it listed in my ECU so i plugged it in. Used the SCT to turn off the traction control permanently and.... you can see where this is going.

So w/o crazy details on the joy my car is experiencing and because Diablos are ****load cheaper on ebay than SCT's.

If i buy a Diablo with the 99-04 Tune on it. Will it be able to rewrite the SCT's "tune" or do I still need an SCT to rewrite the ECU back to its factory settings before the Diablo can work...

Reasoning: I could just buy an ECU but used Diablo tuners seem to be around the same price, so i'd rather just get a tuner out of this predicament.

thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know about SCT tuners but when you change parameters w/Diablosport, it marries the ECU to the tuner. You need that exact tuner to go back to stock or the way you were. You may have to get a re-flash of your ECU from the dealer and start from scratch.

This is a good one, friend had an SCT tuner for his 96 cobra. I hated having traction control on and figured i'd see what it listed in my ECU so i plugged it in. Used the SCT to turn off the traction control permanently and.... you can see where this is going.

So w/o crazy details on the joy my car is experiencing and because Diablos are ****load cheaper on ebay than SCT's.

If i buy a Diablo with the 99-04 Tune on it. Will it be able to rewrite the SCT's "tune" or do I still need an SCT to rewrite the ECU back to its factory settings before the Diablo can work...

Reasoning: I could just buy an ECU but used Diablo tuners seem to be around the same price, so i'd rather just get a tuner out of this predicament.

thanks for the help

So let me get this right you used your friends SCT tuner to tune your car ? And then what happened to the tuner ? Why would you want to buy a Diablo now if your car is already tuned now ?

Did you give the SCT tuner back to your friend ? Does he not know the SCT tune is still on your car ? If so hes gonna be pissed if he tries to use it and finds out its locked to your car now.

+1

i couldnt understand what you meant but if you have an sct tune from your friends tuner then buy it from him since he cant use it now

and dont buy a diablo because they have been discontinued. your only options will be the trinity and the intune if it ever comes out

I have a similar situation... I purchased an 04 GT with an SCT tune on the car... (custom from somewhere) Tune on the car runs great... But the tuner did not come with the car... :( I know im going to want to make more adjustments... Im really considering the Sniper system though over the hand held units... not sure which way to go... They both seem to be about the same cost but the sniper system is a lot more versatile. Any one have any comments on either the SCT (what is it the race system?) or the sniper system?

I have a similar situation... I purchased an 04 GT with an SCT tune on the car... (custom from somewhere) Tune on the car runs great... But the tuner did not come with the car... :( I know im going to want to make more adjustments... Im really considering the Sniper system though over the hand held units... not sure which way to go... They both seem to be about the same cost but the sniper system is a lot more versatile. Any one have any comments on either the SCT (what is it the race system?) or the sniper system?

If you buy the Delta Force Commando software you can make changes to the existing tune in the car with the Commando setup , SCT makes you start off a stock file from scratch for all new tunes , and Delta Force Special Forces is made to use the factory ford tune file to start with .....I am a dealer for SCT , Delta Force and Diablosport if anybody has questions email me at [email protected]