Diablosport Predator Handheld Question?

Sharkster

Oct 25, 2004
I just got mine from the guy who traded the car in and it didnt have the power adapter. Naturally Im not going to just slap one it and hope all works well. Power appears to be a major killer with these things.
For you guys that have this particular one, what is the voltage reading on the back of your power adapter so I can make sure I get the right amperage/volts etc.... or is it a DC lighter one??? for the handheld. Wouldnt think it would be a DC lighter one as they dont want any amperage drawn from the accesories of the car while your tuning.

• Sponsors (?)

Well the car is suppose to be turned off when you plug it in and then turned on (not engine running) when your going thru the lists

If you mean powering it when your in-house playing with the tunes.. I have a 1500 mA (radioshack) power supply is what was recommended for use.

The handheld should have a cigarette lighter power supply to run it while your working with it in the car right? Thats what Im missing. I can probably use a universal adaptor kit with it through ac. I just know what the power rating is on the supply to the handheld

Sharkster said:
The handheld should have a cigarette lighter power supply to run it while your working with it in the car right? Thats what Im missing. I can probably use a universal adaptor kit with it through ac. I just know what the power rating is on the supply to the handheld
NO! The tuner is powered up via the OBDII connection under the dash! There is NO NEED FOR ANY POWER ADAPTER FOR IN-CAR USE! You just connect the Predator to the OBDII port with ignition key in OFF position. Turn the key to the RUN position, but DO NOT START THE CAR. You'll now see that the Predator is lit up and on-line.

Here's the owners manual for your Predator: Link to PDF file

Now if you need to download a new custom tune into the Predator from a file off of the internet you'll need the following accessories to interface the Predator with your PC:

1: Serial Cable:
Standard straight-through DB9 (9-pin to 9-pin) RS232C serial cable (6 foot cable is more than enough). Check your computer to see if you have a male or a female port on the back, as some are different. You will need a male end to go into your Predator.

(Radio Shack Part # 26-117, 6-ft DB9 male to DB9 female shielded cable.)

2: Power Adapter:
CLASS 2 TRANSFORMER
OUTPUT : 12VDC 1000mA (1 Amp)

(Radio Shack Part # 273-1776)
Note: Plug Tip is 2.5mm x 5.5mm, female, and center is positive.

(Radio Shack Part # 273-1717)

Radio Shack normally carries both of these items. Most Wal-Marts have the Power Adapter (multi output version).

Note: If you have a laptop, you can use the vehicle's power to power up the Predator, instead of using a Power Adapter, and just do the following with your laptop and Predator inside of your vehicle.

U.M.

Sharkster said:
Thanks UM your the man

ME

Sharkster you put 4:10's in a 04 cobra? Not the best idea actually. 3:73's Maybe.. 3:55's with all our torque work quite well. I am not big on 1/4 mile but 4:10's just added a extra shift in to your run. You will red 4th before you hit the line.