DiabloSport Predator Mustang Tuner

Srpera

Jan 8, 2004
MA
I have a stock 2000 GT 5spd. Is this tuner worth buying? How does it stack up compared to other tuners on the market? I have a laptop, so is there a tuning program that is popular? I have been out of the Mustang market for a few years, so I just don't know what is popular.

What are you guys using? Is the DiabloSport worth picking up?

• Sponsors (?)

ive heard sct and diablo tuners do the same thing. But more places tune with sct than diablo. And if i were to do it all over again i would chose diablo for that reason. Im actually happy im probably gonna get a mongoose kit from mph so i can get a sct xcal tuner.

Srpera said:
I have a stock 2000 GT 5spd. Is this tuner worth buying? How does it stack up compared to other tuners on the market? I have a laptop, so is there a tuning program that is popular? I have been out of the Mustang market for a few years, so I just don't know what is popular.

What are you guys using? Is the DiabloSport worth picking up?
and is it worth getting it? well i guess it depends but if your stock then id say put the money to better use. Like gears and xpipe and stuff like that.

I have a diablo because the best tuner in my area is diablo... check your area.

End User wise (you) I think the SCT is supposed to be a lil morre friendly.

I have the diablo and my suggestion is to put that 300 towards something else. not that the thing didnt work, mine worked just fine, its just that the increase i got in sotp was not worth 300. at least not to me.

Unless you've got intake, exhaust and midpipe done, you may not see much in the way of additional power with the Predator. When I got mine I had a K&N FIPK and welded-in Flowmasters. All together I got about 12 rwhp. When I added a un-catted h-pipe I gained an additional 10rwp and 25lbft of torque, which is more than I expected.
I suspect that the Predator tune finally came into it's own when I put the mid-pipe on.

I think you need to have some mods so that the Predator actually has something to work with and improve on to get the most power out of those parts when their dialed in on the dyno. I'd wait till you get Catback, midpipe, intake, and TB. Then you should get a nice RWHP gain from the Predator when it gets custom tuned to those parts. Out of the few mods I've done to my Mach, the Predator was the most RWHP and RWTQ I got out of the aftermarket parts I have.