diablosport predator? need help/advice

HoofBeat06

Nov 15, 2005
Howdy. New user here..

I have an '05 S197 with an S&P exhaust and K&N intake...

My next thoughts were to go with a Diablosport predator and possibly a Steeda short-throw shifter, but I'm relatively new to the sports car world and not sure what would bring me the most gain (out of anything, not just the 2 adds listed above).

I am fairly adept at installing anything and have friends to help if need be, so my questions are..

Should I buy the Predator? If not first, then what do I buy first?

Can it be reset to factory default settings so as to not void the warranty?

What else should I buy?

Thanks,
Matt

• Sponsors (?)

The Diablo Predator (like all the other tuning devices I'm aware of) Marries the ECU in your car. You will upload a tune to the ECU in the car and the Predator will store the original setup. If you need to go back to the dealer for something, you can upload the original configuration back to the ECU and no one's the wiser (except you...)...

Save your money on the K&N Filter. There's nothing to truly be gained there unless you are comparing a K&N filter to a plugged up paper filter.. The OEM filter flows far more air than your engine can use anyways.

thanks for the info.

It might be too late on the K&N, as I already have it installed..:)

I'd appreciate any basic info you could give me on what the 'standard' mods are if you will..what people do as a given when they want to increase base RWHP.

A Cold Air Induction (CAI) system along with a tuner / tune - seems to have the best bang for the buck. There are some HP increases to be had by exhaust system upgrades but not as much as you might suspect. The thing to understand is the ECU for the 05-6 Stang is pretty finicky and not very tolerant of mods. The tuner is really something that must be purchased if making any mods that increase the ability of the engine to breath outside it's normal parameters.
I installed a CDC Shaker hood/scoop. This (in my opinion) is equivalent to a CAI system. It has made an improvement in the way the engine runs in the midrange but top end seems no different right now. That may change (I hope) when I put a tune into the car.