Diablosport Predator question

04GT

Oct 8, 2003
Southwest Ohio
I have a Predator that I've had for awhile now. I've been using the performance tune it came with, only adjusting for my gear ratio and turning off traction control.

There are alot of threads on here about customizing the tune. Seems like what everyone recommends is maxing out the spark advance as long as it doesn't cause pinging.

This is on the performance tune, right?

Does the performance tune not advance timing already?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Cantslowdown said:
The Diablo tune is where u get hp gains..The performance tune is if you want to run 87 octane..
Correction.... The Performance Tune has timing advanced already, and that's what everyone is talking about max'ing out the timing even more. The timing on it can be retarded to run with 87 octane fuel.

The Factory HP Tune is the one that has no edits and is safe for 87 octane fuel.

04GT said:
I have a Predator that I've had for awhile now. I've been using the performance tune it came with, only adjusting for my gear ratio and turning off traction control.

There are alot of threads on here about customizing the tune. Seems like what everyone recommends is maxing out the spark advance as long as it doesn't cause pinging.

This is on the performance tune, right?

Does the performance tune not advance timing already?

Thanks.

yeah it is just max it out on the performance tune but if it starts to ping back out 2* and it should go away if anything else let us know :nice:

Cantslowdown said:
Hmm mine has the Perfomance tune and then the Diablo tune..I was told to use the Perfomance tune and dont change the timing and I can run 87..And if you use the Diablo tune you must run 91 or 93 octane..
Yours has both? Ok, I'm out on that one. Mine just had Performance Tune and Factory HP Tune. And when I got a custom tune, it took the place of the Performance Tune.

My Diablosport Predator has the Diablo tune and Factory HP tune. I have the Diablo tune installed and have increased both spark advance ranges +3, not maxing out either one. By doing this I noticed a much better throttle response. :nice: