Did I do the right thing?

mwhite29

Mar 4, 2006
Or am I a woman now as my buddies claim.

I bought a 2005 GT in 05 and had it til i traded it in last year. Yesterday I test drove new ones and ended up buying a '12 3.7L. It's got 5 more horse than my 05 GT, but the 5.0 was so much faster. I didn't like the extra 10 grand it cost though. I've gotten married since then and the budget isn't as free as it used to be. The v6 cost more than what my 05 GT did and I didn't want to go up in cost too much. It is still fun to drive. Just around here you get that stigma of getting a Mustang without a v8. Just like guys are getting harassed for buying an f150 with the 6 cylinder.

Oh well.. either way I'm a new owner of a 2012 Grabber Blue 3.7L Mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

i still find it purdy funny that folks will look at a car that is better than what they had and disqualify it from being good enough because it "doesn't have a dang ole v eight".

if folks can afford a 5.0 and genuinely want the car, awesome go for it. however, folks buy the 5.0 when the 3.7 will make them just as happy (if they were free from the bondage of keeping up with the joneses) and those folks are idiots that give credence to the phrase "a fool and his money are soon parted".

Reactions: 1 users
I think some of the stigma of not owning a V8 comes from when they used to put 4bangers in mustangs. I think most ppl that drive the new V6 would be surprised how nice they are.

You're not a woman for buying a V6 mustang, but you are girly if you changed your mind 'cuz of your "buddies". It's you're car, you make the call. The only other person that should influence your decision is your wife!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah there's nothing like a v8 but I think since v6's are less costly and they sell so many more of them that it makes it seem like they aren't as good because it won't be long before I see a lot of ragged out ones, but I respect a well kept v6, well, a well kept anything. if u like it enough to take good care of it you won't get the look of v6 disdain from me lol. I just see so many ragged out late model v6's though

How did you change your order on a Sunday?:O_o:

I went to the dealership.
I guess I shouldn't say order in the sense of ordering it from Ford. The dealership didn't have any Mustangs I wanted at their dealeship and they were going to get a v6 from a dealership in PA. I went back Sunday and asked if it was too late to change my mind and they said it wasn't. The 5.0 is coming from a dealer in VA. I'm in Ohio.

I hear that a v6 version can get some results. one bieng a great track car if modded correctly. look at the shelby terlingua. said to be close if not better as a track car than a v8. the gtr has no problem being a v6 but then again it has awd and twin turbos. My cousin has a nissan and ford dealership. drove the supersnake(750 horse) and gtr upgraded with a supercharger(875 horse). ultimately loves the mustang more. but the v6 mustang...he said wow. best bang for your buck.