Did I fry my ECU???

I did what was shown in that thread, it doesn't look as nice but it works. I was able to pull codes! Tomorrow I'll see if she runs any better

1016101854a.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

well she started up and ran beautifully and a whole lot less rich than ever. thank you everyone for your help. I just can't catch a break though, now something is making noise in the top end. kinda makes me want to puke, I don't know what it is, its a loud tapping from the pass side rear of the engine. Sounds like someone tapping on the valve cover with a screwdriver from the inside :cry:

I pulled the valve cover. nothing looked out of place but then again I don't know a heck of a lot about what i'm looking at. A couple of the bolts on the rockers were a little loose but didn't seem loose enough to cause all that noise.
I did a search and couldn't come up with a torque for them

1017101809a.jpg

1017101809b.jpg

1017101810a.jpg

How loose is loose?

If those are pedestal mounts, then I think loose is your problem.

Might want tom search and read up on adjusting pedestal mount rockers. From the pics that's what I think I am looking at.

I looked up adjusting the rockers and found that there are clearance problems with some rockers and valve covers. sure enough i turned the valve cover over and there are two little scuffs where the rockers were hitting the oil baffle in the cover. Thanks again for your help! hopefully I'm all set for a while!

1017101916a.jpg