Did i install the struts wrong?

Burtonsnow157

Dec 16, 2007
yesterday i replaced my struts with tokico hp's, and i put in some c springs also, my car is lowered but its not as low as ive seen some with c springs. I noticed that when i put the struts into the strut tower hole, they didnt come up all that much, and i dont have that much strut rod exposed under the hood. could they not be through the hole all the way or something? All of the pics i see with c/c plates (i dont have them) it looks like the strut rod is sticking out about an inch, mine are only .5 inches it looks.

• Sponsors (?)

I doubt you installed them wrong but it would help if you post some pics and then we could possibly help you better.

The C springs don't lower the car much in my opinion. Did you take the spring isolators off? If not then this could help in lowering more to your desired level but make sure to wrap the ends of the springs in some durable tape to help stop noise from sqeaking.

I've also got the c-springs and yea they aren't a really gnarly drop but it's def. noticable. I kept the isos in but when i replace the shocks im taking them out. They will settle a little more though.:nice: