Difference between Cobra R and Saleen Wheels???

lil OH

Mar 21, 2010
Boston
Been debating between 18' size of these wheels on AM for months now....can anyone tell me the difference between these wheels?:shrug:

I was leaning towards the Saleens but like the idea of the deep dish on the Cobra R's. What wheels do you like more?

Is there a weight difference?

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I think the 95 Cobra R wheels are some of the ugliest wheels for a Mustang.

I love the 2000 R's and had them on my old 01 GT......they were NOT lightweight :nonono:

Um, they're different styles? A closer comparison would be the '98 Cobra wheels and the '95 Rs. An untrained eye probably wouldn't know the difference.

I doubt there would be much of a difference, but IMO deep dish 95 Rs look like garbage. I'm assuming you're talking about the 95 R's since I don't think there are any 2000 R deep dish wheels made. I'd go with the Saleens, 95 Cobra R wheels look bad on New Edges anyways.

Um, they're different styles? A closer comparison would be the '98 Cobra wheels and the '95 Rs. An untrained eye probably wouldn't know the difference.

I doubt there would be much of a difference, but IMO deep dish 95 Rs look like garbage. I'm assuming you're talking about the 95 R's since I don't think there are any 2000 R deep dish wheels made. I'd go with the Saleens, 95 Cobra R wheels look bad on New Edges anyways.

I keep hearing the 95 R's look that garbage on the new edges....i guess i got stuck on the deep dish idea. Does "New Edge" = 02-04 stang???

Thanks for your input guys...Saleen it is...now just need to find a deal cause their like $1400!

I keep hearing the 95 R's look that garbage on the new edges....i guess i got stuck on the deep dish idea. Does "New Edge" = 02-04 stang???

Thanks for your input guys...Saleen it is...now just need to find a deal cause their like $1400!

Well, 95 R's have curved spokes, which IMO doesn't look right with the sharp, angled look of the New Edges ('99-04). I don't think I've ever seen 18" 95 Rs either.

Can't go wrong with Saleens, though. What color are you going with?

Well, 95 R's have curved spokes, which IMO doesn't look right with the sharp, angled look of the New Edges ('99-04). I don't think I've ever seen 18" 95 Rs either.

Can't go wrong with Saleens, though. What color are you going with?

Going with Chrome 18'' Saleens. I have a true blue GT and think chrome looks the best...although black chrome would like real nice too.

View attachment 187804

Here's a picture of my 01 with what I believe are the 18" 95 cobra r rims. They are reproductions of course, I wish I could tell you the brand so you could avoid them, them chrome is flaking like crazy, but you can get an Idea of how thet look. They are terribly heavy.