Disc’s and suspension upgrades

Samgarner123

Oct 27, 2018
U.K.
In the next 2 weeks I’m hoping to empty my wallet on some upgrades for my completely stock 67 coupe, handles like an absolute dog and doesn’t like to stop. Got a brake booster on route. Can someone advise me on what suspension set up they’ve got? I’ve been debating to buy a whole front end?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sponsors (?)

before you spend a ton of money on an upgraded suspension, start by rebuilding you stock suspension, and add a few tricks, like stiffer springs, do the arning/shelby mod, install a larger sway bar, put on better tires, and use a performance oriented alignment settings.

also just adding a brake booster wont make the car stop better, just easier. if you dont have discs now then upgrade to front disc brakes at the very least.

Thanks for your help, definitely doing a front disk conversion in the near future, rebuilt all the drums to the best they’ll be but still believe I should do conversion. I’ve seen on American ebay you can buy a whole front end from a 80s mustang for 1300 dollars, although that would be major work