Disconnecting the negative battery terminal?

SLOW04GT

Mar 16, 2004
I am in the middle of installing a new deck into my '06 Mustang GT and I can't figure out the negative battery terminal. I have everything else apart and was just about to take out the deck but now I am stuck on what I thought would be the easiest part :D

Can someone tell me the trick to getting that little sucker off of there?

• Sponsors (?)

I am in the middle of installing a new deck into my '06 Mustang GT and I can't figure out the negative battery terminal. I have everything else apart and was just about to take out the deck but now I am stuck on what I thought would be the easiest part :D

Can someone tell me the trick to getting that little sucker off of there?

Loosen the clamp nut and pull up using some pliers, it can be on kinda tight if it has never been off. Just wiggle it and it will come off.

Thanks for the replies. I did loosen the nut as far as it would go but I still can't get it off of there. I tried using a screwdriver and pliers but it won't budge, in fact it will barely twist side to side. I've never had one this tough. There isn't any corrosion either so I am unsure why it is like this. I might buy a terminal puller if I don't get anywhere soon.

It was just really, really stuck on there. More than any I have seen in the past. It took me about 45 minutes of prying and moving it around over and over before it finally came loose.