Do I have the C&L street intake or the Racer intake?

053vstang

Feb 16, 2010
Detroit
I just bought a used C&L cold air kit for my 2005 GT and I dont know if its the Street version or the Racer version? :shrug:

The tubing is black plastic and not the cast aluminum. This leads me to think its the racer as i havent seen the street kit with black tubing. There are no part #'s and I haven't measured the size of MAF housing yet. I plan on calling C&L, but dont know when Ill get the chance!

Any ideas how to figure out which kit ive got?

On a side note, im going to the track in a couple days to make my last few runs in stock trim! I cant wait!

• Sponsors (?)

I just bought the C&L Racer and on my MAF housing it has "95mm" stamped on it. I dont know if C&L has been stamping that on all their Racer MAF housings since they came out or if thats a new thing.

I know thats not a lot of help, but, maybe a start.

Best of luck!!

It sounds like you have a hybrid C&L CAI that combines the 85mm MAF housing from the Street CAI with the plastic tubing from the Race CAI. Bamachips sold them before joining up with American Muscle.

It sounds like you have a hybrid C&L CAI that combines the 85mm MAF housing from the Street CAI with the plastic tubing from the Race CAI. Bamachips sold them before joining up with American Muscle.

The tubing definately looks like the racer, and it is larger than the MAF housing (cant remember the exact measurment). The guy I bought if from got if from Bamachips, so that would make sense. Guess Ill be calling AM when its time for my tune.