Do I need a boost-a-pump now? 331 and V1 S-trim.

I recommend NOT USING A BOOST A PUMP. With a stock fuel pump or aftermarket one with the stock harness. If the pump fails its tells the computer to shut down the motor. Say you have a boost a pump and you need the fuel its putting out, and it quits what tells your computer that it failed, and to stop the motor from running really lean and damaging things. If you need that much fuel, which you wont with your setup, go with a bigger pump, never go with a boost a pump.

Respectfully, I don't think you understand how a BAP or the fuel pump monitor in the PCM works. Do you have experience with them?

Regardless though, should the pump fail you are in the same boat regardless, the rail pressure will drop and you will run lean. :shrug:

Wes

• Sponsors (?)

Respectfully, I don't think you understand how a BAP or the fuel pump monitor in the PCM works. Do you have experience with them?

Regardless though, should the pump fail you are in the same boat regardless, the rail pressure will drop and you will run lean. :shrug:

Wes

I've never heard of that either on our cars....maybe newer stangs have that feature in the PCM???

Every 5.0 that ive been around will try to run whether the pump is working or not.

The returnless fuel system stangs (98+) use voltage to the fuel pump to control fuel pressure. If the engine needs more fuel, the ecu sends more voltage to the pump. The BAP increases the max voltage to the pump. I'm not sure how it works on our stangs...I guess it increases voltage all the time :shrug: