Do NOT ever buy from this website !!!

NastyStang113

Sep 12, 2008
Florida
This is the scoop. I was looking for a speedometer for my car that had a higher speedometer. The stock speedometer is 140 mph like most of you know. I found the GT500 which is 160 mph but didn't like the fact that I'd have a boost gauge that wouldn't work and couldn't work. So I found the Saleen 200 mph speedometer. So I found a place selling it called UnderGroundMustangs.com. I call to order it and find out more information. I wanted to make sure I was buying the whole cluster from them. The guy I spoke to said he wasn't sure but he'd find out so he did so and got back to me. The answer was yes. So I wanted to know what the back light color was and and he found out it'd be blue. So I bought it. Well it finally arrives. I look at the box and think to myself that's kind of small. I pick it up and it feels like nothing is in the box so I rip it open and find a piece of plastic. They sold me an overlay !!

I was so mad. So I call, I'm calm and composed and talk to the same guy. It's their main line on their website, the same guy answers the phone every time you call so I guess that should of told me something. Well he says just send it back and I'll get a refund. I tell him I'll pay for shipping back but I'm not paying a restocking fee because of their mistake. That's ridiculous. So he says he'll get it fixed for me but to just ship it back.

So I ship it out on Thursday of last week through UPS. I was smart and made them have to sign for it because they were acting shady. Well it got there on Tuesday, yesterday, so I call him at like 3:00 and ask him if they got it. He tells me they didn't get anything. It was dropped off at 1:00. So I tell him that I had it sent UPS and the tracking information says it's there. So he says well we don't have it. I tell him I had it have to be signed for and he says oh well I'll have to check, I'm not even at the office. So I'm pissed by this point. The phone call remained calm and he said he'd call me yesterday late afternoon or today early afternoon.

Well it's 4:00 today and he hasn't called me. So I call him and say what's up man? Are you sending me my refund? He says he hasn't got anything yet. So I'm not so calm, since it hasn't worked, I tell him that it's there and I want my refund otherwise I'm going to have to figure out what I'm going to do about this whole thing. So he starts raising his voice at me, telling me that I'm just unhappy with what I bought, when he damn well knew that it wasn't my fault, it was theirs. So things escalate on both sides and he hangs up. I called back and he ended up hanging up on me a few more times before he threatened me. He told me that I would be sorry if I kept it up and I didn't know who I was messing with, etc.

So I find a number on their website for returns. I call that line. I talk to a guy, explain the whole situation and he says yeah it's here, it's been here since yesterday at about 1:00. I'm thinking to myself funny, according to the one guy it isn't there still. So as of right now he's on the phone with the guy who sold it to me trying to figure it out. The guy at returns is returning the money minus the restocking fee and credit card fees. I talked to a manager and he's calling the owner to tell him that he needs to waive the fees. So that's where it's at now. I'll post updates as soon as I know more ...

:mad::mad:

• Sponsors (?)

That salesman sounds *****ty. You don't know who you're messign with. How about calling up the credit card company and settling the dispute through them, HA.

Or better yet.....posting on a forum and ruining potential business.

Let us know if you get the money back.

Unreal, let us all hope that they don't stay in business for long. You have to know what you are selling, you don't have to be an expert but this is a case that simple knowledge of your product could have helped.
Good luck getting your money back!

Thanks guys. I'm getting the money back minus restocking fees, currently. However the manager is going to be talking to the owner to get the rest back. However he said the owner is very hard to get a hold of so we'll see what happens. I'll let you guys know. Regardless, I wouldn't do any business with them. If the store managers can't handle anything without the owner's consent, which only comes around every month or so, than that's no good. I mean it's $50, not $500.

I recommend doing a chargeback on your credit card. Credit card companies will usually take the side of the customer and immediately give a credit, especially American Express. Just tell them the situation and if they only give you a partial refund the credit company can give back the rest.

I had posted this all over the place and I just got a nasty reply on Mustangforums.com from someone who works at the company basically calling me a liar and telling everyone they were having a sale. They couldn't even handling the situation without trying to sell something.

Unbelievable.

I once bought a product on the Internet (not car related) and it had a design defect. I spoke with the owner of the company, and he refused to give me a refund. All he would do is replace the item, but since it was a design defect, that was of no use. Fortunately, I live in San Francisco and the business had its headquarters in San Francisco. I sued in small claims court and got a judgment for the price of the item, court costs, and costs for the process server. It wound up costing him about four times the price of the product.

Some businesses are run by a**holes.

Good luck to you, Thumper. And thank you for warning us.

Just woke up to find out that the threads were locked by admins this morning. How lovely. I think I'll become a site sponsor. I'll be able to **** over customers, people will make threads about me and I'll just lock them down because I pay money to the website. Forget the fact that internet forums are for this kind of thing to help out fellow owners. Regardless, go check out the threads there. The owner of the company acted like an ass about the whole situation not only to me but everyone else. Said it was only a few people so he didn't care about the business he'd lose.

Now they're deleted. I didn't even get to see the responses that came in after midnight last night. I think what UGM did is terrible, and I think MustangForums mods are just as bad. I'm quite sick of them. They act like the new sheriff of the west, with one finger on the trigger at all times. That post should not have been deleted. The company is a site sponsor, and their behavior was very unprofessional. It's funny. I gave him some great advice, and made some very valid points, and every time he responded, he made no response to what I said. The guy doesn't give two sh**s about customers and I will NEVER buy from them.

I'm paraphrasing, but he said "I had not yet talked to my employee, so I'm sorry, I can not give the customer the benefit of the doubt." What/!??!??@?#$ The customer ALWAYS gets the benefit of the doubt until the facts are in. That's ridiculous. The guy has absolutely no idea what customer service is. Obviously his employees don't, either.

And I was shocked that in his first response, he pretty much put the blame on you, called you a moron in not so many words because you didn't just know it was an overlay, and then made a sales ad, all in the same post. Honestly, I would email the mods and ask WTF, and if they give you some bs (which they probably will), then go higher up. When things like this are happening, site sponsor or not, the community should know. The board shouldn't be covering it up. Which they did here, in esscense.

If I were made of money I would buy a plane ticket and march my happy arse down to their store and confront those bastards face to face. I would be walking away with my money and would feel pretty good about myself as well.

The thread was still open this morning, read 3 of the 4 pages before access was denied, I couldn’t believe some of the things this supposed owner of the company was saying either… just incredible!

Good information to know… thanks Thumper.:nice:

Let’s keep them honest the best we can by sharing information like this.

DarkFireGT thanks for the much needed support. All of the advice you were giving him was spot on. As well as everyone else, thanks. I got two PMs from two Mustang Forum mods. Both of them basically said don't start a thread like that about a site sponsor or they'd be deleted. I wrote a lengthy response to each of them discussing the issue. Not being mean to them, being more than considerate but voicing but opinion the issue, etc. I still haven't heard a reply back from them. Not to mention I still haven't heard anything back from the owner of the company and it's noon here. I guess I'll just file the dispute now, file a claim with the BBB, maybe even contact local PD for it if I don't see a refund for at least my money minus restocking fees since it's basically fraud. One last thing, I saved the web pages last night before they were deleted so if anyone knows the best way to post these up for everyone to see, please let me know.