Do they make *98* Cobra wheels in 4 lug?

Mike86Stang

Advanced Member
Apr 11, 2000
Red Lion, PA
I'm looking for the 98 Cobra wheels that will fit a 87-93 with 4 lugs.
I can find the 95 cobra R replicas... but in all honesty I don't like them. The
98's look alot better to me but I cannot find them in 4 lug.

Anyone know of any companies that sell a 4 lug 98 Cobra wheel???

TIA
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Are they the same as the 99 Cobra rims. The simpler classier version of the 5 star? If so I am sporting them on my car and no they dont make them in 4. Just get that cheap $300 5-lug conversion kit. Then run some 7/8th spacers and youll be fine. People talk crap about spacers but they work fine on my car, and I've seen pro drag racers use them as well as autocross guys.

No they don't make them in 4-lug. I have the '98 Cobras on my car. Don't tell me they look anything like the '95 Cobra R's, which are a totally different wheel....

Here is my car.

cruisepic.jpg

Well to me & I'm sure to BalckFox5.0 the 98's look way meaner... I'm not willing to go for a 95 R wheel because 1 everyone has them & 2 I think they look funny honestly no offense to those that use them...just ain't my style.

I have looked & looked & to no avail...doesn't seem they make them .... so it's a 5 lug swap or pick another wheel...:shrug:

if anyone knows for sure that there is a *98* cobra wheel out there & in 4 lugs please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MumftsGT
I am not sure what the 98 wheels looked like, but you can get 2003 Cobra Knock-offs in 4-lug. http://www.wheelreplicas.com/a2003mustangcobra4lug.htm Hope this helps.

the rims in the pic are 4 lug
but the pattern description says their 5 lugs
If interested, I would suggest contacting Wheel Replicas and finding out if it is a typo on their page. It would be a lot of trouble for them to fake the pics then have to answer for it. Good catch, DCjuggalo.

Here is a picture of my brothers car with '95 Cobra R's. I see NO resemblence whatsoever besides the fact that they are both 5 spoke 17" wheels. Not only are the spokes more curved and detailed, but the lip design is is also VERY different.

MSTANG is right, the '98s are meaner. the only thing i don't like about my rims is that they only come ion 17x8" i would have liked a 9" rim in the back, but oh well. I like the fact that I can actually rotate my wheels because the fronts really wear out after a day of autocrossing.

pic%20385.jpg