Do Victor Jr's require any unique components?

stock50LX

Curmudgeon
Founding Member
Oct 2, 2001
University Place, WA
Do Victor JR's reqire any unique components

TW's require longer pushrods and extruded rockers as well as special pistons when more compression is desired. Do Jr's require any special rockers, pushrods, etc? I do not want a head that limits my choices.

• Sponsors (?)

i just bought a set of victopr jr.s. Haven't installed them yet. the info ive read leads me to believe they are gonna be great heads. You can buy them eaither way i believe the ones i got will be using stud mount rockers. other than that everything else is the same.

needforspeed440 said:
i just bought a set of victopr jr.s. Haven't installed them yet. the info ive read leads me to believe they are gonna be great heads. You can buy them eaither way i believe the ones i got will be using stud mount rockers. other than that everything else is the same.

-the same as other Edlebrock heads? If you don't mind, could you give me the price paid and from whom you purchased? Didk you buy them complete or bare? I planned to buy them bare, but I do not want any unpleasant surprises regarding required specialized parts that are overpriced. So as far as you know, these heads do not need special rockers, valves, sprinigs, headers etc.?

i think that the Victor Jr does have its own specific rocker arms, but some people have run basic stud mount rockers. If your looking for good heads, dont let the extra hundred bucks hold you back.

BTW, you will need different pistons to get the desired compression you want with any head, for the most part anyways. Different lenght pushrods are pretty basic items and not overpriced. There are plenty of companies to choose from , like crane or TF

Screw Pro Action heads. The Vic Jr's are like any other head in regards to rockers, and pistons. The only reason why TW's need longer pushrods is because the valves are placed at a different angle. All other heads use the standard angle which means stock length pushrods but always check before installing. As for rockers, all heads require extruded rockers because the heads have hardened pushrods and much stronger springs. All this extra pressure and strength can warp or break a regular non forged rocker. Extruded just means stronger, and created with higher pressures to make a much stronger rocker. You'll do fine with any stud mount rocker that is extruded which is basically anyone. The ones that are extruded aluminum are the pretty ones that are smooth, block shaped and often colored black, blue, pink, or gold. I do know that Vic Jr's have 2.05 valves which will be a problem if you have stock pistons. Most aftermarket pistons have notches in them for aftermarket 2.02 or larger valves which would include edelbrock heads. Also, it has a raised valve cover rail so you dont even need tall valve covers which can sometimes hit the intake. I'm not going to say these are the best heads out there but they are great but beware, they are big suckers so dont use these on a lightly modded 302. The intake runners on those things are bigger than AFR 205's.

SmockDoiley said:
Screw Pro Action heads.

Why??? :shrug:
just cus there not a big name in ford? :bs:

stock victor jrs. flow
200 300 400 500 600
127/108 186/140 234/167 268/189 291/195

my flow numbers top that, yeah in know cus they have a 215cc runners but there going to be put on a big motor and reved high, is that why you dont like them, i mean im not trying too sell the kid on them but there pertty good heads :shrug:

I got a set of the Vic Jrs set-up for a solid roller cam from Pro Power in Fla for $1159 awhile back. Since then Edelbrock has had a price increase and I believe they're like $1259 assembled for a solid roller from Pro Power. They are a nice head for the $, I'm going to just do some minor cast flashing cleaning on them and give them a spin. They're going on a 351W based combo with nitrous. I'm kinda looking forward to see how they stack-up against the current Cleveland combo. As for rockers the standard one's will work (I went with a Jesel shaft set-up) and for pushrods you really would want to check for the proper geometry on your motor due to everything that can vary motor to motor. They do have a slightly raised exhaust port but a stock port header is supposed to work. (I hope these 2" Hookers fit ok...lol)
The Pro-Action offer some killer #'s for outta da box! They make some killler heads for the Bow-Tie boys. Just haven't talked to many people using them for the Ford yet or heard too much about them. I've seen a Dealer price sheet on them with the 215cc port/aluminum bare for $379 each.....not bad if your a Dealer...
SmockDoiley, why does Pro-Action suck? You said Cleveland shortblock's were crap but I'd have to beg to differ there... :)

Tater