Does anybody know where big hose on back left (under upper intake) goes?

5spd GT

"the 5.0 owns all"
Founding Member
Aug 7, 2002
Arkansas
Sorry don't have any pics...I'll try to get some posted tomorrow...been busy here lately...but there is a hose on the back left side (underneath the upper intake on my Performer) if you are looking at front of the engine...one of the vacuum lines goes to the fuel pressure regulator, I plugged the other one up, but there is one big hose off that same "tree" the others are on and I don't know where it goes????

Anybody?

David

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a photo I just took of a friends intake I'm working on.Which hose are you referring to? The port on the left that has a vacuum hose running down to the other end of the intake? Or the one next to it that has 2 small ports and a large one with a rubber hose? That large short one connects to a port on the firewall that provides vaccuum to several components.Them being,You brake master cylinder,Interior air duct control etc.

Is your car up and running on the road now?

Attachments

• Intake1_2.jpg
    Intake1_2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 143
Isnt that the one that goes to the main vacuum "junction"? The one that supplies vacuum to the brake booster, ac, etc? On my friend's stocker, IIRC, one went to that splitter, and the other end went to the speed density's manifold pressure sensor, I think. Pictures would be great, tho'.

If looking at that photo it is the very top big hose that is sticking up at the top...so that goes on the "S"...thats good because I didn't have anything on the "S"...

Thanks,

David

"If looking at that photo it is the very top big hose that is sticking up at the top...so that goes on the "S"...thats good because I didn't have anything on the "S"..."

Is that correct?