Does anybody sell the Procharger system with a great tune included?

swl987

May 6, 2004
Cleveland,Oh
A lot of people say that the tune you get with the novi kit from Modular Power House works great and is dead on. But I can't find a place that sells the procharger who has that kind of reputation. Anybody know a place that has a good tune for the procharger stage 1 kit that I don't have to take my car to.thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I would never want to install a power adder and just put a mail order tune in it
everycar is diff so each must have it's own tune

+1 even with my supercharger kit the 90mm Maf pegged out and i had to buy an Maf extender they figured it out as soon as they started the the car on the dyno and fixed it right away. with a mail order tune it's a lot harder to find out what everything is doing in relation to eachother because every part you buy acts alittle different than the other and the best way to figure all that stuff out is a shop that has all the proper equipment and a dyno. That doesn't mean you can't get away with it my car started with 380 rwhp when they started to tune and went to 427 rwhp when they were finished and its a safe tune. (well as safe as you can get with 427 rwhp on a stock block)

the mph mongoose kit($3900) vs. the procharger p1sc stage 1 kit ($4000) which one will make the most power off the shelf? which one has more room for expansion? if the procharger has a intercooler it should make a noticeable amount of more power right?

the mph mongoose kit($3900) vs. the procharger p1sc stage 1 kit ($4000) which one will make the most power off the shelf? which one has more room for expansion? if the procharger has a intercooler it should make a noticeable amount of more power right?

I would not be thinking anything less than a P1SC-2 kit ordered custom that way with no less than a 3 core intercooler... 42lb injectors, ProM ati tube meter that fits right inline and a good fuel system. you will spend more than 4k in the end but get much better Procharger setup for that. Whatever you do don't use a LMAF or SCT big air cause you will need a Mafia on top at minimum which also makes the tune more tricky.

**You know better than this**

Friend of mine (rystang on here I believe) got the vortech mongoose kit from MPH. He called and told them all of his mods to the car previous to the kit being put on and Tim put a tune together for him. We put the kit on the car and hooked up a wideband. Car idles/drives great around town and pulls like a beast at wot. All the a/f ratio readings look great. Seems like Tim did a pretty darn good job with his tune! :nice:

Friend of mine (rystang on here I believe) got the vortech mongoose kit from MPH. He called and told them all of his mods to the car previous to the kit being put on and Tim put a tune together for him. We put the kit on the car and hooked up a wideband. Car idles/drives great around town and pulls like a beast at wot. All the a/f ratio readings look great. Seems like Tim did a pretty darn good job with his tune! :nice:

i did a search of the name rystang and nothing came up.

I've read about problems with prochargers in the past. Nothing really bad about the mongoose kits though, and nobody has more experience tuning / troubleshooting than Tim at MPH. I will buy from them. Probably the Novi 2000 kit.

I'd get the MPH Novi kit or save a bit more for a Kenne Bell if I were you.

It all depends on how much power you want to make off the bat. I have had 0 problems with my procharger kit and i beat the ever living dog snot out of it while i was home for my 2 week R&R from Iraq. My wife has been driving it ever since and she says it runs like a champ. The thing with procharger is they should be dyno tuned if you have anything above a p1sc. I got mine form Texas Hot Rods out in el paso california. If i had got the P1-SC they would have sent me a SCT chip along with kit. I think both superchargers are about the same as far as quality no matter what people say. There is always someone who installed the kit themselves and put a round peg through a square hole and screwed something up then came on a forum and ran there mouth about how crappy it was that goes for vortec, paxton, saleen, procharger whatever they all have threads somewhere about something. I got the procharger D1-SC because it already came with everything i needed right out of the box with a 3 core intercooler. The only thing i had to do was have it dyno tuned which i am glad i did because its just more peice of mind that my tune is safe and i am running the right A/F ratio.