does anyone else hate bringing thier cars to shops?

94gts said:
next year at college i am not goin to give a f**k. ill still work on it
Me and my buddies have gotten down on hands and knees plenty of times in dorm parking lots. Me and my buddy pulled a head off his B16 (I think that's what Honda motor he had) and swapped cams in the parking lot.

We even had a University Cop stop and BS and watch for about 25 minutes. Then he said, "damn, I wish I could say more..."

Joe

Ha ha yea, i just got done with my h/c/i upgrade, did that in the driveway at moms house Did plenty of "tampering" and revving at the parking lot at my apartments...i dont think my neighbors like me. They look at me wierd...

The first (and last) time I took my car to a shop was to get a flat tire fixed (just a small nail hole). Now, my car can't be lifted with the normal 4 point lift because the side skirts get in the way, so I intended to make sure to tell them not to jack it up from the rearend pumpkin. While I was at the counter inside, I hear them pull my car in, and by the time I got out there, they already had it jacked up...from the pumpkin. So they let it down and the differential cover was crimped/smashed at the bottom. I told them they did it but they denied it and refused to pay for it. So the rearend was leaking so I had to get a new cover.....never again, F*** shops, unless they are a high end tunign shop, cuz they know their stuff.

As far as parking lot work, I just helped my buddy swap a new tranny into his turbo MX6 a couple weeks ago in the parking lot here at our complex. People walk by and stare like they've never seen someone work on a car before lol.

Yesterday I just had the car jacked up w/ the front wheels off fixing the front brakes, and you woulda swore people thought monster garage was in the parking lot. Bunch of damn rich bitches here who have never touched a wrench obviously.

I dont trust them one bit. I break into sweats I get so nervous when I drop off my car. I always think the punks they have working there are going to try something or drive it around when im gone. Unless it is warranty work I let Nik_95Cobra shop do my work. Im moving to a small town here in a few months with 1 Ford dealer and im hoping I can make buddies with them so when I need my stang worked on I can trust them.

We own our shop so I like bringing mine here lol. We get so many cars in that other people have messed up. We also save people a lot of the time when some tune n lube shop tries to rip them off. We get cars other shops can't fix, and we even get dealer cars here and there. One of the reasons we've had the place 43 years is because of our pricing, the vw dealer here gets 95/hour labor and we charge 50. We still get customers that come in that used to come in back in the early 70's. My dad's been ASE certified 25+ years now and my brother has been since he was 18 (now 23). I'll soon follow. I'd say for every one honest shop there's 3-4 dishonest ones. BTW many chain stores have quotas set by the shareholders.

What bugs me is that there isn't any mustang specific shops here in kingston, whereas it seem in the states that you guys have a lot of dedicated performance stores for domestics...I'd be worried bringing anything into these shops up here. I did bring mine in a few months before i left for overseas to get my timing corrected, but thats it.

OT: 2 DAYS TILL I'M OUT OF AFGHANISTAN.

I know a lot of shops are equiped with the nice ramp lifts. But with my car being lowered and having my prochamber like 2 inches off the ground, I can't even get over the small hydraulic lift af the bodyshop I work at, and it sits like 1 inch off the ground. In a few months i'll have had my car for a year. And not one shop has ever seen my car yet.