Does anyone have experience with the VRS X pipe?

Chowder Head

Dec 30, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hey guys, I was basically stuck on getting the Dr. Gas X pipe but I totally forgot about this pipe. I've searched countless threads both on here, and the corral but I'm not finding out any information.

The aspects of the VRS that has me really interested is the fact it looks almost exactly like a Dr. Gas X design wise, is cheaper, and doesn't come in 5 or so parts like the Dr. Gas. Reason why that's a plus is because I won't be welding my exhaust at the moment because I like the idea of using clamps better for removal "just in case." That, and the fact I don't even know how to weld so I could save some money by not paying someone else to do it. And since the VRS comes in few pieces than the Dr. Gas, that translates into some clamps I won't need to purchase.

So yeah, my rambling aside, does anyone have experience with the VRS pipes? ANYTHING could help me out right now because I plan on ordering a mid pipe this week.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks guys! Sorry for any grammar problems, it's a late night for me, lol. :D

• Sponsors (?)

I know three people that I know that had fitment issues with
the VRS X pipe.No matter what they did they couldn't get it to
fit correctly.Personaly I would get a Bassani X pipe instead. :nice:

I have a VRS on my car, with Mac Long Tubes, and the fitment was fine. Your not going to just toss it on, with ANY mismatched exhaust, but mine went on no real issues. The quality looks real good, and the sound is nice.

Mine came in one piece but it was for long tubes...

Oh really? That's awesome, because I'm going with LT's for my setup. What kinda Mustang did you install the VRS on?

Did you use clamps or welding? Any ideas on how many clamps it would take? Lastly, where does the X pipe sit at underneath? Any more opinions regarding the pipe would also be great.

Thanks man!

Oh really? That's awesome, because I'm going with LT's for my setup. What kinda Mustang did you install the VRS on?

Did you use clamps or welding? Any ideas on how many clamps it would take? Lastly, where does the X pipe sit at underneath? Any more opinions regarding the pipe would also be great.

Thanks man!

I installed it on an 89 LX hatch. The X pipe sits real tight to the underside of the car. It does NOT come with hangers but I bent some and welded them on and it hangs great. The pipe fit fine to my Mac LTs and sounds real good. I personally like the piece a lot!

Would you remember exactly where the X sits at? Is it like the Dr. Gas X, being that it sits right near the tranny? Or someplace else?

If you don't mind me asking, why did you go for the VRS pipe instead of the other ones out there?

Thanks again man.

When you say sit do you mean height wise? If so it sits close to the tranny as it is tucked up pretty good. If you are referring to how far back the X portion of the pipe is I would say it is on average with all the other brands out there.

The reason I got the VRS, it looked good, price was good, and I went right to their site, they had the part for my headers (a bunch of companies don't make it easy finding their midpipe for your headers, VRS does). I love the way the X sounds also, and cant wait to try my new mufflers out, when I break down and buy them.

i just bought one from them also,mines for a 96 but its for mac longtubes.i went with them because im in the same situation,it was vrs or dr gas.the vrs is cheap,has pretty much any fitment option depending on your headers and it looks real good,havent put it on yet so dont know how it sounds or fits but the only thing i noticed is no hanger,not a big deal tho.i got the stainless one and the thing looks great.