Does anyone know if a company makes a grille like this for 99-04 cars?

• Sponsors (?)

Or if there isnt anything out there like that do you think I could get this:

http://www.mustangtuning.com/mubigrkit.html

And then slap one of these on the right side of it:

lrs-16228d.jpg

But how would I attach the emblem to the grille if it would work..what would make them stick?
Also since I have the grille delete will this thing still even work?

Actually I have a guy that is going to give me his grille like that around here for free so im good there....do you think however since you have the grille that the pony emblem I posted above would be able to mount on it so it looks like the first pic with the 05?

wow Derek, it doesn't look good on your car at all :(

633801_188_full.jpg

As to the emblem, you can buy the body emblems with 3M allready applied, I would think thats your answer. I tried siliconing my orig. pony on, it didn't work very well. The 3M works much better, even vs my pressure washer!

myponyrocks said:

633801_188_full.jpg

As to the emblem, you can buy the body emblems with 3M allready applied, I would think thats your answer. I tried siliconing my orig. pony on, it didn't work very well. The 3M works much better, even vs my pressure washer!

Beautiful car man! :hail2:

But I agree, that 3M stuff is hella sticky! What do you think most emblems are applied with on your car right now? :D

myponyrocks said:

633801_188_full.jpg

Do you think most emblems comes with the 3M tape already on the back? I know all of the badges / emblems I have bought always had the sticky side on the back...is that 3M?
I have the grille delete on my car at the moment do you think the billet grille will still work even though my original grill isnt there?

no, you have to ask, I know www.v6mustangstuff.com sells some emblems with precut 3M on them (and its the thin stuff) thats where I got mine.

I would think that a few other companies might have the emblem you are looking for with a sheet precut. If you are having trouble, try checking a lot of classic mustang sites. I remember when I was looking for the emblems for my '67 I wanted the factory pin in style, and no one had anything but the 3m ones.

Yes the sticky stuff SHOULD be 3M (3M is a brand, its just automotive tape, but 3M is one of the most trusted)

As to the grill, it will work even though you have a grill delete. I fully removed the grill and then it bolts into the tabs where I assume the grill delete does from where your stock grille was.

*EDIT* Oh thanks for the compliments ;)

myponyrocks said:
no, you have to ask, I know www.v6mustangstuff.com sells some emblems with precut 3M on them (and its the thin stuff) thats where I got mine.

I would think that a few other companies might have the emblem you are looking for with a sheet precut. If you are having trouble, try checking a lot of classic mustang sites. I remember when I was looking for the emblems for my '67 I wanted the factory pin in style, and no one had anything but the 3m ones.

Yes the sticky stuff SHOULD be 3M (3M is a brand, its just automotive tape, but 3M is one of the most trusted)

As to the grill, it will work even though you have a grill delete. I fully removed the grill and then it bolts into the tabs where I assume the grill delete does from where your stock grille was.

So if I get that grille this should stick right on it without any problems do you think:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=LRS-16228D 1&comp=LRS

sorry for all the questions I just wanna be sure before I spend the money

I know what you mean about being sure, looks like it should work to me. IMO I would definately check out the offerings of the classic era before you decide on a piece of chromed plastic ;)

Eventually I plan on tack welding a 60's pony on the grill and powder coating the whole thing, but for the last year or so the plastic has help up remarkably well. Just making sure you've seen all your options, and not just one 20 dollar solution.