Does Ford Performance make 3.73 gear for v6 mustangs?

I know Motive makes rear gears for 2005 v6 mustangs, but I've heard they tend to make noise at highway speeds. The mechanic that's going to do the install for me recommend getting gears made by Ford Performance. I'm having trouble finding the gear I need, so I'm just wondering if Ford even makes rear gears for a v6? Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

Ford provided a lot more mod support for the 2011+ V6. They came with limited slip from the factory and had a performance pack option that came with more aggressive gearing. Before that they considered the V6 to be little more than a commuter car. I'm not sure as to the answer to your question, but I would say just buy quality gears that fit or replace the diff altogether.

I know Motive makes rear gears for 2005 v6 mustangs, but I've heard they tend to make noise at highway speeds. The mechanic that's going to do the install for me recommend getting gears made by Ford Performance. I'm having trouble finding the gear I need, so I'm just wondering if Ford even makes rear gears for a v6? Thank you!

Just swap in an 8.8" rear axle from a junkyard '05-'06 GT with a manual tranny. It came with 3.55 gears as standard and will be a good cheap upgrade.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck I've been trying to find one that isn't over a thousand dollars or more, plus really expensive shipping, no luck. I cant find any wrecked mustangs anywhere near the northwest. I may get the yukon limited slip, but I would rather have the 8.8. I am not exactly sure about driveshaft fitments, but I also think the 8.8 rear end may give you more options. A limited slip was the one upgrade I wanted to make before winter, but I think it will have to wait. Sorry for hijacking the thread.