dog teeth on input shaft are worn, not the blocker ring? what do i do? help t5 guys!

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
ok i was looking at my t5 parts today and wasnt sure which one was the actual 4th gear blocker ring. i look on a service manual and i found out the ring that falls off is the blocker i think.

on the input shaft there is a tapered roller bearing, the drive her on the shaft and ring with some dog teeth, and then a bearing race and the loose blocker ring that it blue and comes off easily. the blocker ring teeth are fine, the teeth of the ring thats part of the input shaft gear are the ones that are worn.

does this gear come off or will i have to replace the whole input shaft??

• Sponsors (?)

I just looked at my spare input shaft, and its actually in alot worse shape than I thought, the teeth on the ring on the input shaft are in good condition but the gear teeth have some pitting and chips in them. It looks to all be one piece so you'll have to get a new input shaft. I got a tremmec one for like $35 shipped.

yeah the bearing comes off i know but the gear and ring seem fixed to the shaft.

the guy before me rebuilt this t5. with a 2.95 D&D gearset. the rest of the t5 is in GREAT shape. gears are perfect. just the 5th gear snap ring and this ring on the input shaft. maybe he just used stock shaft.

duno lol