Double Din Android radio

jclose11

Jul 23, 2008
I was talking to my coworker about the Digital dash that Iam buy off here and he was wondering if there's a way to hook up Megasquirt or Shadow dash to a Double Din radio.He doesn't want to cut of his factory cluster. I did a search and didn't really see anything. My co worker is running a MS2. I'm assuming you connect via bluetooth or usb to the back of the radio.

• Sponsors (?)

What vehicle is this going into? we have lots of options.

The radio would need to be able to run the TS program [probably not possible] He could however use one of our headless units [has the computer and all the extra we provide to interface with the megasquirt but it has no screen] and he could bring it into one of the radio camera inputs.

depending on the car he would not need to cut anything on his factory cluster, our newest model is a direct drop in to the foxbody and we are working on others. We also have one that has a very large flange around the screen bezel that could be trimmed to fit into almost any location.

There is a way to use a double din radio as a screen if it has the option of either a HDMI or possibly a video AV jack AUX input.

The 12.3" is not a DIY as it is a drop-in unit replacing the factory cluster totally.

If you downloaded the MSdroid app to the android radio it would kinda work. The reason I say kinda is because msdroid is still in the beginning phase and everything doesn't read correctly. The radio may not have enough memory at all to run TS. I use my phone but sometimes the log data is all over the place. The tuning through the app is sketchy right now too.

A91what and stanglx2002 can make just about anything happen.

DO you offer these headless units on your site don't see them. He has a older z car with a Ls v8.

The 7" DIY can be a headless unit if desired. It is the same setup just not including the screen in the kit. Has all the same features just would connect to the Double Din radio for the screen instead.

Please PM me if interested

Not currently, as they have been replacing there factory clusters. You would have to measure the opening, but I do believe the 7" could fit in that location.