Fox Drag Radial Help

I'd hit them as hard as you can... 6250 and hold the **** on lol.

I wish. Some how i don't envision that working. In all seriousness, do I need more rpm? In my mind hitting the tires hard is leaving at high rpm (read more power) and not letting up on the suspension load. I guess I just want it dummified for me. Lol. I know slipping the clutch helps, but man, I feel like I'm hard on clutches as it is.

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

Wheelie 3.jpg

275/60/15 MT Pro Radials and leaving part throttle.... Drag radials work! Just worked a little too well in my instance...
Wheelie 2.jpg

Everyone says hit the tire hard a keep power to it. This is my current technique:

I raise the rpms until they bairly bump the 2 step, no leaving off the floor. I release the clutch, no side stepping, any start matting it as the clutch grabs. This is how I did the 555rs and how I am trying to do the MTs.

When people say hit the tire hard and keep power to it, they are referring to something with a torque converter than can keep the load applied. Without an adjustable clutch you have to give the car a ton of RPM to get it moving, then when you release the clutch the motor gets pulled down, and at this point the car either boggs or spins because the tire either grips too much and boggs the engine RPM down, or the tire unloads after the initial hit and spins.

Your technique is good, thats how i did it, but i would try raising the rpms to at least 5000.

I know slipping the clutch helps, but man, I feel like I'm hard on clutches as it is.

Joe

You are correct, it is terrible on the clutch, which is why most guys give up on the radials and go to a bias ply tire.

Reactions: 1 user
When people say hit the tire hard and keep power to it, they are referring to something with a torque converter than can keep the load applied. Without an adjustable clutch you have to give the car a ton of RPM to get it moving, then when you release the clutch the motor gets pulled down, and at this point the car either boggs or spins because the tire either grips too much and boggs the engine RPM down, or the tire unloads after the initial hit and spins.

Your technique is good, thats how i did it, but i would try raising the rpms to at least 5000.

You are correct, it is terrible on the clutch, which is why most guys give up on the radials and go to a bias ply tire.

Thanks for the clarification.

Joe

or give up the 5 speed and go C4

Reactions: 1 users