• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum

Drag Radials....

  • Thread starter Thread starter kc camp 03'
  • Start date Start date May 23, 2005
K

kc camp 03'

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2002
93
0
0
New Jersey
May 23, 2005
#1
  • May 23, 2005
  • #1
I Have 18 X 9.5 Cobra R Wheels On My 03' Cobra. Can I Put Bfg 295/35/18 Drags On The Back Without Any Issues Of Clearance
( Specifically Irs Bushings )? Also, Are There Any Other Tire Companies That Make Dr's In That Size? Nitto Doesn't As Far As I Know.
Thanks,
Kurt :d
 

mali1966

New Member
Apr 12, 2005
21
0
0
Champaign ,IL
May 23, 2005
#2
  • May 23, 2005
  • #2
kc camp 03' said:
I Have 18 X 9.5 Cobra R Wheels On My 03' Cobra. Can I Put Bfg 295/35/18 Drags On The Back Without Any Issues Of Clearance
( Specifically Irs Bushings )? Also, Are There Any Other Tire Companies That Make Dr's In That Size? Nitto Doesn't As Far As I Know.
Thanks,
Kurt :d
Click to expand...

Just a quick question. Why would you want to go drag racing with such a "low" profile of tire. Less sidewall flex has allways ment less traction.(So I have been told) I did use a Nitto 555r on mine, 285/45/17 on the back and 275/45/17 on the front. They hook great and Ill let ya know my 60 foot times in a week or two when I hit the track.
 
K

kc camp 03'

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2002
93
0
0
New Jersey
May 23, 2005
#3
  • May 23, 2005
  • #3
mali1966 said:
Just a quick question. Why would you want to go drag racing with such a "low" profile of tire. Less sidewall flex has allways ment less traction.(So I have been told) I did use a Nitto 555r on mine, 285/45/17 on the back and 275/45/17 on the front. They hook great and Ill let ya know my 60 foot times in a week or two when I hit the track.
Click to expand...
You're absolutely right, but with DR's, I can drive them everyday. If I wanted Drag's just for the track, I would just buy slicks!! You are running 17's, however I need to know if the 18's I mentioned above will fit. BTW, good luck at the track with the Nitto's.
 

BadMoFo

I will sleep with a Mod for a CT
Founding Member
Sep 28, 2001
2,911
0
0
New Bern NC
May 23, 2005
#4
  • May 23, 2005
  • #4
I know nitto makes a 18 DR but cant remember what size they make, want to say 305. the only place you might have an issue is with the irs bolt. but I know if you do a search there are people that replaced that bolt or just ground it down.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
453
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
SOLD For Sale '92 LX Street/Drag car - WV
  • MikeyMustang
  • Apr 12, 2025
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Dec 31, 2025
MikeyMustang
D
Brakes 1966 Mustang convertible 289, Auto - Disc brake conversion issues
  • DRGunn427
  • Feb 26, 2025
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
5
Views
793
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jul 23, 2026
All Stock93
New to me 98 Cobra
  • bird_dog0347
  • Feb 25, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Mar 24, 2026
FastDriver
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SVT Tech Forum
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?