Drone sound clip?

Newbie question here. I tried searching but no luck. I am trying to find a sound clip with drone. I am not sure what drone exactly is. I am guessing it is the sound when you are in a higher gear 4th or 5th at a speed around 35 to 40. Am in the ball park?

• Sponsors (?)

You won't hear drone in a sound clip, unless you find one done with professional equipment and 5.1 Dolby surround. Trumpets you can hear in a sound clip, but not really drone.

It's similar to what you're talking about. I think you have the idea. It's a loud hum or resonance that gets more noticeable at certain RPM's. Depending on the muffler, it can be excruciating.

With my exhaust combo(see sig), it's the sound and sound pulses that literally seem to go right to my core:drool: I like to hear and feel the exhaust. It mostly happens under a light throttle pressure going up an incline around 2000 RPM.

Drone is that annoying bass that fills your ears and your brain giving you one hell of a headache when you drive at certain RPM's my car does it a bit at 1800-2600 RPM with a bit of constant throttle depending on engine load, weight conditions etc. I hear that getting an X-pipe can reduce some drone.

In a normal car, you won't experience drone. I first learnt about drone in a Corvette C4. It's like the sound of a squadron of B52 bombers just over your shoulder like you hear in old war films. It can be quite a pleasurable resonance and can often be controlled by lifting the throttle slightly onto the over-run. Where the drone occurs at your cruising speed, it can be annoying but you can avoid this by going faster. ;)